How to obtain culture and science progress?

g02703

Chieftain
In certain GameEvents functions, we might want to know how far the player is before they can grab a virtue, or complete a research/science (maybe to determine if you want to award them a building, energy, etc.)

I'm looking at the Civ 5 documentary on the Player Object (because I believe culture and science progress is specific to a player).

For culture, I can only see player:GetJONSCulture() (returns integer), which is actually player:GetCulture() in CivBE. I believe this gets us the current culture balance - the value which resets to zero when we obtain a virtue. What is the function that gets us the next culture goal (which gets larger for each subsequent virtue to work towards)? I don't see any function with the word Culture in it that describes this "next virtue/culture goal" number. Could it be player:GetCultureBombTimer() (returns integer)?

For science, there's player:GetCurrentResearch(), which returns TechType, which is the current research they're working on. There's also player:GetResearchProgress() which I'm not sure whether it's a percent (0-100) or the current number of beakers they have towards completion of current research.

I think I'm quite all set with the science. The culture, though - how do I get that "next virtue goal" number?

Those things are usually easy to find in the UI-Folder. The top panel has a "X out of Y"-Culture overview, so it must have a function that can get that number. Here it is:

player:GetNextPolicyCost()

Thank you! That function was in the Civ5 documentation, but it didn't occur to me immediately that Policy (in Civ5) is Virtue (in CivBE).

Top Bottom