1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

How to set SD card as default storage for all files, but not for the apps themselves?

Discussion in 'Computer Talk' started by Homie, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Homie

Homie Anti-Lefty

Please do not misunderstand my question. I do not want to make my SD card adoptable storage. I want all my apps to be installed to my internal storage. But I want all media files downloaded by all my apps as well as the photos and recordings I make be installed on the SD card.

Internal memory is faster, so I want apps to run from it. SD card storage is bigger, so I want big files like downloaded podcasts from my podcast app and downloaded songs from Spotify, and all other media files to automatically be stored on my SD card.

Is this perhaps the default way it works? I am asking because I am considering buying a new phone, and want a cheap one with low internal storage but SD card slot. However, I want to be sure of how it works first. Have not been able to find the answer SPECIFICALLY to what I am asking. I am only finding info on how to move already downloaded files from internal storage to SD card, on how to make SC card Adoptable storage, and how to individually set the download folder for each individial app (but not for the entire phone and all future downloaded apps' media files, which is what I want)

Again, I know how to individually set apps' download folder, but I want to do it for all apps in one fellow swoop! And all future apps, like a default setting.