1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How to speed up leader animations?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Mr.WorldWide, Dec 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.WorldWide

Mr.WorldWide Smugly Inferior

i can't be the only one annoyed by this. Every new civ I meet I'm sitting there hammering my esc key because of the ridiculously long leader animations. Oh, did the entire world just denounce me this turn? Might as well set a stone on my esc key and go have a snack, I have the time.

Rant aside, what I'm looking for is a modification that immediately shuts down the AI leader window when I hit escape. I've tried searching the forums for an answer but I really don't know how to concisely word what I'm looking for.

2. Balkans

Balkans Warlord

Turn off animated leaders.

Zuizgond, chriskj and greygamer like this.
  3. Mr.WorldWide

Where is this option? I've gone through all the user config files in my documents folder and see no entry that indicates such.

4. chriskj

chriskj Chieftain

On the startup screen go to: Game options-->Graphics-->Show advanced options-->Animated leaders-->disable. It's the last entry.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
    Mr.WorldWide likes this.
  5. Mr.WorldWide

Thanks, that is what I was looking for, can't believe I missed something so obvious.

Moderator Action: This question is now fully answered and accepted and so this thread is now closed.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.