[NFP] How to tweak AI to prioritize improving land?

Ash plays civ

Chieftain
Hi all.

Right now I use infixo's Real Strategy (AI) mod on deity. It's a great mod that fixes a lot of gripes I had from vanilla. Such as how cultural and religious civs will spam nothing but campuses while ignoring their unique districts. Or how they often never rebuild their military after losing their first war.

One gripe I still have is that they won't prioritize improving their own land. At least not enough to my liking. It causes me issues; for example I can't buy their luxuries because they won't improve them early game. And then in the late game I slingshot past them because half of their worked tiles have no mines/lumbermills/farms ect. Worst of all, there is nothing for me to pillage when I go to war! :D

I know there is a way to tweak the game files to prioritize different actions such as improvements. But I don't know which files and what lines to change. Does anybody know how I can tweak either the mod or the base game files to get this behavior? I would like to keep the Mod for its other features if possible.

Thanks!

Part of this behavior is due to the change in one of the XML files (game's internal data files) that was introduced in a patch during the summer. It dramatically increases the AI use of campuses, and is described here https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/ai-crazy-about-science.671039/ I'm not sure if anyone included the fix (reducing that value) in a mod or not.

infixo's mod fixes that part. If you've not tried it I can highly recommend. But now I would like to tweak it further to boost land improvement if anyone knows how.

Top Bottom