Hud/UI changes.

Hipshot

Chieftain
I wanted to change to UI of the main screen - remove the brown bar, move the buttons. I quickly found the graphics for the HUD, I masked the brown bar, so it's invisible, problem is, that it's still there so even though I can see through it, I can't click on the world map, where the brown bar is covering.

I figured I need to remove it in the xml, however, I can't find what I'm looking for. Searching for the graphics files in the XML, I found where it's called from I think, tried removing it from there, just commenting out the bar-graphics - that kinda broke the game... =)

I was looking into moving the buttons, but I could not really find that either, I have no experience with Civ4 modding, so some pointers would be nice here.
Maybe I'm looking in the wrong dicrection here, maybe I need to look into the Python files...

This is something that I wanted to do...

Hey,

it's in /Assets/Python/Screens/CvMainInterface.py. Look for "# MAP BACKGROUND SADDLE" (Line 521).

Thanks! Needed something to begin with here. Worked like a charm commenting them out in the py file.

Now I wanted to begin with moving the EOT button, i found where it was specified. I noted another cool thing when I started to move that around, that the game actually updates code changes in realtime, I can move the button around, have the game on monitor two and see how it updates once I saved the PY.

(I love how that was your first post =))

Top Bottom