Huge C3C Game Rule File

It may be a typical MS problem of adding extras so other apps break. MS has a reputation for designing their apps so other apps have a hard time with them. No surprise here. It's just that the import filters can't handle the file. This is not usual. Almost all Word files are ok unless there are special VBA type additions or embedded links to files that don't exist.

== PF

Very, very nice file. I can just say however, that feudalism is just screwed up? Is it meant to be that way? What was firaxis thinking, since when does a metropolis provide less support then town?

Feudalism is not supposed to have any metropolises.
When Knight's and kings were ruling there were no huge city's.
To avoid sticking to feudalism in modern times you are penalized with less support.

I just have Word Pad 5 for windows XP. I downloaded the thing you linked me to Buk and it works! Thanks.

Great job Cows!

This is a very helpful user guide for quickly looking up information. Thankyou for taking the time to compile and post it.

Misfit

bump.

IMHO - this should be added to the reference section in the main civfanatics page.

I added one page to the end with some other game type info (world sizes, difficulty levels, etc). This last page could use some serious cleanup... if/when/ever I get around to that I'll post the update.

dsr

with 1 page added

Skydivingcows:

You have a Private Message. :)

For those that don't have MS Word, here is a copy of the file in .pdf for Adobe Reader

This is pretty sweet and has already answered one question for me just from looking through it initially. I will probably have this pdf open whenever I'm running a game in case I need to switch over to it. You can't access the civolopedia when in the diplomacy screen or after viewing another city screen from establishing embassies or espionage. Nice to have all this info in one place and in an easy to digest form.

One suggestion or request would be for the unit images to match those that are used for the city screen (when it's your city, you can just "scroll over", but not for enemy cities). Sometimes when another civ is ahead of me or when they have special units I am left wondering what exactly is defending their city. It would be easier to answer using this reference if the pictures matched.

I especially like the fact that the tech tree already has their "prices" (in lightbulbs x10?) written in. Again, no civolopedia with diplomacy screens and it's nice to know how much another civ is "ripping me off" in tech trades ;).

M@

Top Bottom