Humankind - Japanese discussion thread

Awesome image, one of the best.

I'm also really happy that Japanese are in, they are so damn important culture for the period 1920 - 2020 which the modern era seems to represent.

I have slightly hoped that they'll get the Aestethe affinity because come on, their media, art and design have such global reach (yes I do include manga and anime here :p ). But now I think Scientist affinity is indeed a better choice - Aestethe affinity fits previous eras of Japanese history, unlike Scientist, and their modern tech achievements have been massive. Besides, the influence of their design, video games and animation fits under "Scientist" affinity while also scratching my "Aestethe" itch.

I'm also so damn happy that Japanese didn't become modern militarist culture with the focus on ww2 "war crimes era" Japan, it would be so bad.

I'm also so damn happy that Japanese didn't become modern militarist culture with the focus on ww2 "war crimes era" Japan, it would be so bad.

There are no modern militarist cultures which I'm guessing means they are very aware of the connotation. Though to be honest, with the militarist ability being about raising cheap defenders of your homeland, there could have been a few options. They just would need to have a very peaceful other ability/emblematics.

Back to Japan: near perfect, from the affinity to the image, though real ramen robots look slightly less impressive :) But that's artistic liberty.

Whats interesting about the militarist affinity is its more defensive rather than offensive, letting you raise militia in a pinch. It could have fit well with the Soviets or a Yugoslavia culture but expansionist works too.

Japan looks great, I hope I can make my own Tokyo mega city, maybe their legacy bonus will help.

Top Bottom