Humble opinion about mod

Code:
            <TacticalOffenseMinCompletedPositions>17</TacticalOffenseMinCompletedPositions>
            <TacticalOffenseMaxCompletedPositions>23</TacticalOffenseMaxCompletedPositions>
            <TacticalOffenseMaxBranches>3</TacticalOffenseMaxBranches>
            <TacticalOffenseMaxChoicesPerUnit>3</TacticalOffenseMaxChoicesPerUnit>
            <TacticalDefenseMinCompletedPositions>7</TacticalDefenseMinCompletedPositions>
            <TacticalDefenseMaxCompletedPositions>23</TacticalDefenseMaxCompletedPositions>
            <TacticalDefenseMaxBranches>2</TacticalDefenseMaxBranches>
            <TacticalDefenseMaxChoicesPerUnit>2</TacticalDefenseMaxChoicesPerUnit>

Am I correct in my assumption that increasing TacticalOffenseMaxBranches and TacticalDefenseMaxBranches will give the AI more time to think?
The Settler and Chieftain values are lower than the rest.

It does not give more time to think directly, but it increases the number of possibilities the AI runs through, which does take more time.

While you can take cities in ancient era I don't think there is that much point to doing so. They will all have to be puppets and getting a 3rd policy by that point sees rather hard if you want to hit before walls. It can eliminate an issue for later but building that many units over other things is a pretty big cost.

The issue with Medieval is the AI loves chivalry so it will take that tech first pretty much every time, so they will have knights and castles as soo as possible. Getting a comp bow rush before that is going to very much depend on diffculty. Back when the AI had carpets of units I'd wait for muskets before attacking and tis was super safe if rather grindy. Now Xbows are good enough generally to start breaking AIs and get the ball rolling on conquest.

The Settler and Chieftain values are lower than the rest.

It does not give more time to think directly, but it increases the number of possibilities the AI runs through, which does take more time.
since i just found a bug here ... there is a fixed amount of memory reserved for the tactical simulation. that is currently set a bit too low, leading to problems when the AI player has too many units around. the limit will be increased in the next version.

also the "defense" values above will no longer be used, there will be only one set of knobs. but you cannot turn them up arbitrarily high, this will lead to out of memory issues again (no crash but possibly suboptimal outcomes because the simulation will be stopped before it's done)

Top Bottom