Hurray for Mark Tuitert!

Shabbaman

rebuffing the rebels
Mark Tuitert is the new European champion ice speedskating allround, with a new world record in points. Pretty good!

:goodjob:

Oh yeah, Anni Friesinger won the female champ title for the fourth time in a row. Also pretty good.

:goodjob:

It was all in his 5000m. There he streched his own limits.

Originally posted by a space oddity
It had also to do with the fact that Jochem was not in his best form, IMO. Still a great performance by Mark. :thumbsup:

The fact that it was a new all-round world record, tells me he was the best anyway!

Indeed. And that includes Jochem's victory at the WC 2002 in the same stadium.

The record tells me nobody skated these 4 distances in one weekend faster then he did. ;)

The record tells me it's time for a cup of coffee.

The Record.

The Record sees all, feels all and hears all.

:crazyeye:

Anyway, there are no major technical innovations the last two years, so those records are pretty comparable. Tuitert the new Ritsma?

And if there'd be a 3 km instead of the 10 he'd have won with even bigger supremacy :D

But then again, Verheijen and Romme would've toppled down (I don't know sure about verheijen though, his 1500 was pretty decent (4th overall dutch performance this year I believe (not counting duplicates obviously). OTOH, maybe even skaters like Wennemars could participate. What's his 5?

They said in commentry that he's skated 10k in 14:04, which is decent enough.

Your right about Mark and the 3k. That's why I don't understand why Sondral thought more (non-dutch :) ) people would have a chance of winning. We just get out these other giants like Ritsma and Postma and it's 1, 2 and 3 again... :D Like you I think Mark would've won with even a bigger advantage. What a wealth. :)

Non-Dutch post coming up...

:goodjob: to the Dutch for another clean sweep of an allround championship - isn't it getting rather boring to win it all? ;)

Only Norwegian victory recorded this weekend - mine, in a tipping competition with my family (had the correct three for the podium overall - messed up the order a bit though) ;)

As for replacing the 10k with the 3k - please don't. It's an outrage. I'll stop watching speed skating if it happens. 10k speed skating is one of the most exciting events there is - 500 and 1500 is over before they've even started!

And yes, it wouldn't have made a change to the top placings either.

Question. How on earth is Uytdehaage pronounced?

Do you know that Norge has had that luxery 8 times?! I guess you guys indeed got bored, eh? ;)

There was a Bronze medal this weekend, I heard the 'Viking Ship' is sold out already, so maybe there'll be more.

I don't know how to explain the first sound syllable because English doesn't have a compatible sound,, but 'uyt' is old spelling of the modern Dutch word 'uit', 'de' is like 'the' and 'haage' is like Hague, but with an 'open' a, like in grass. It means 'of the Hague' actually.

Let's forget the name Uytdehaage and simply use Donald Duck. The talk the same anyway ;) . Parra-lover is also a fine name.

About the Dutch hegemony (it used to be a Dutch-Norwegian hegemony):
Skating has been more exciting than it ever was! Tensions rises almost every weekend these days. The lack of non-Dutch topskaters is, imho, just a detail.

I think it was the 1991 WC:
1: Norge, 2-5: Holland. Man, that was frustrating.

Another Norwegian mess ;) in 1983 (iirc): Rolf Falk Larsen had won 500, 5km and 1500 and simply did a tourist skate tour on the 10.

Originally posted by Stapel
Let's forget the name Uytdehaage and simply use Donald Duck. The talk the same anyway ;)

:lol:
That'll hurt my daughter. Since she heard Jochem is from our city, she's a big fan.

Parra-lover is also a fine name.

Because he applauded his race during the Olympics? Or are they a couple? :love:

Do you know that Norge has had that luxery 8 times?! I guess you guys indeed got bored, eh? ;).

Yep. Not in a row though, like you guys. That was the 12th in a row, IIRC...

There was a Bronze medal this weekend, I heard the 'Viking Ship' is sold out already, so maybe there'll be more.

Yeah, it was a sellout 3 months before - all the Dutch have been getting tickets ;). Sætre might win a bronze again, even a silver on the 10k, but allround he's not gonna get into the top six. I've given up Ervik, he always flops at the big championships. Andersen can't go 10k. Grødum can't go 500 and 1500. We don't have anyone else.

Another Norwegian mess in 1983 (iirc): Rolf Falk Larsen had won 500, 5km and 1500 and simply did a tourist skate tour on the 10.

Rules are rules - it's been that way since 1890, when skaters didn't win because they didn't have 3 single-distance victories...

At least the crowd appreciated the proper winner though :)

:lol:
That'll hurt my daughter. Since she heard Jochem is from our city, she's a big fan.
Disappointments are part of the upbringing ;) . Have you told here yet Jamai is gay? Or isn't she old enough yet for that?

Because he applauded his race during the Olympics? Or are they a couple? :love:

Applauding for your opponent is ok, but he really overdid it.

Hm. Well, if she fancies Jokem over Tuitert... strange.

Question. How on earth is Uytdehaage pronounced?

Although I agree with stapel here, uytdehaage is dutch for "out of the hague". I think the "ui" is typically dutch, I don't know. Maybe I can find a phonetics site...

But then again, this is a Mark Tuitert thread, not a jokem thread!

Originally posted by Shabbaman
Hm. Well, if she fancies Jokem over Tuitert... strange.

She doesn't fancy him (men... :rolleyes:) she just is a fan like she is of FC Utrecht and the Dutch national team.
She has a pretty straightforward loyalty, must have something to do with her age. :lol:

edit: I shouldn't try to type anything when I'm not awake yet...

Originally posted by Shabbaman

Although I agree with stapel here, uytdehaage is dutch for "out of the hague". I think the "ui" is typically dutch, I don't know. Maybe I can find a phonetics site...

The French word fauteuille (spelling) comes close (the euille part).

Oewie, vous avez droit.

Jokem just isn't the happy guy he used to be, since he spoiled last season. He's more a chagrin these days. I hope he regains his shape before Turin ;)

Top Bottom