Hybrid Civs Game Concept; letter to civ

DM4444

Chieftain
Succession Game concept, in short:

Let players play with more than one Civ during the course of a game.

There are THREE primary ways I can so far see this working.

Iteration A)

Players choose two civs at start of game and enjoy benefits of both civs throughout game.

Example
Choose Rome AND China.
Enjoy Roman AND Chinese UU, UB and UA throughout the game, start to finish.

IE

Start with Egypt, End with Egypt/Persia

Start with Iroquois/America, End with Iroquois/America

Start with Mongol/China, End with Mongol/China

Start with Rome/Bismark, End with Rome/Bismark.

Or Start with Rome/France, End with Rome/France.

Iteration B)

Players choose two civs at start of game, or during course of game, and at some point of the game "transition" from their beginning civilization to their succeeding civilization, thus "replacing" all the benefits of their beginning civ with their succeeding civ.

Example
Choose Rome AND China.
Enjoy Roman UU, UB and UA at the beginning of the game until you "transition" / "transform" into China, at which point, you enjoy Chinese UU, UB and UA for the remainder of the game

IE

Start with Egypt, End with Persia

Start with Iroquois, End with America

Start with Mongols, End with China

Start with Rome, End with Bismark.

Or Start with Rome, End with France.

Iteration C)

Similar to Iteration B, Players choose two civs at start of game, or during course of game, and at some point of the game "evolve" from their beginning civilization to their succeeding civilization, thus "adopting" all the additional benefits of their beginning civ with that of their succeeding civ. The player would from then on enjoy the benefits of both civs.

Example
Choose Rome AND China.
Enjoy Roman UU, UB and UA at the beginning of the game until you "succeed" / "evolve" into China, at which point, you enjoy Chinese UU, UB and UA AND RomanUU, UB and UA for the remainder of the game

IE

Start with Egypt, End with Egypt/Persia

Start with Iroquois, End with Iroquois/America

Start with Mongols, End with Mongol/China

Start with Rome, End with Rome/Bismark.

Or Start with Rome, End with Rome/France.

*Iteration A and Iteration B would both be really interesting because they would add a whole timing dynamic into the game. you would have to time the succession of your civilization opportunistically.

I haven't though through the succession triggers too deeply, but on first glance i think i would enjoy Iteration A and Iteration C as Mods that you could toggle on/off in the advanced custom games option before games.

I really like the idea !
But I would prefer Iteration B, without choosing the 2nd civ at he beggining. It would be slightly like for the religions, first in, first served. You'd choose your new civ when you actually change it.

Top Bottom