[Col] I can't run colonization on Windows...

I just bought Colonization from Ebay yesterday. It is on a CD and says the manual is also on the CD. The seller swears it runs on XP, but I have Windows 98. Think it will run all right? I am wondering if it a Windows version and not DOS.

Are the Windows versions on a CD, and the DOS versions on floppies?

I really hope I can play it. I should get it next week.

stwils

colonization 95 came on CD, Colonization for Windows came on floppy and CD, and Colonization for Dos came on floppy hope that helps

I have DOS Colonization ver 2.25 on a Cruicial entertainment CD

The back of the cardboard case does make reference to Win 95 , but I have Col installed on both a Win 98 DELL as well with some sound tweeking on my XP compi too.

It's hard to say wether it will work on most XP compis . I tried to install it onto a friends computer and the game worked but no matter what I did I could'nt get any sound out of the game on his computer.

I dont have any experience with the Windows newer version that was part of the Explorer pack.

Best thing to do is to be positive , there's a good chance it will work.

-------------------------

You still here , what happened any news.

colonization 95 came on CD, Colonization for Windows came on floppy and CD, and Colonization for Dos came on floppy hope that helps

I have DOS Colonization ver 2.25 on a Cruicial entertainment CD

The back of the cardboard case does make reference to Win 95 , but I have Col installed on both a Win 98 DELL as well with some sound tweeking on my XP compi too.

It's hard to say wether it will work on most XP compis . I tried to install it onto a friends computer and the game worked but no matter what I did I could'nt get any sound out of the game on his computer.

I dont have any experience with the Windows newer version that was part of the Explorer pack.

Best thing to do is to be positive , there's a good chance it will work.

-------------------------

You still here , what happened any news.

is there a fix?

Each post, a year apart?

Me thinks this forum is dead!

Top Bottom