I can't start a game!

ZoveckSorcanon

Chieftain
Hey guys! I've been playing Civ4 for years now on a Mac, and I've only been able to get one mod running - History Rewritten; however, I've seen C2C for so long as one of the big names and have been itching to give it a try. I downloaded it and put it in the correct mods folder, but I am coming across some issues. Some other people have had them on here, but I am woefully inexperienced with modding and know pretty much nothing about it. Here they are:

1. XML Load Error
LoadXML call failed for xml\text\entertainer_civ4gametext.xml.
Current XML file is: xml\PythonCallbackDefines.xml

2. XML Load Error
Failed Loading XML File xml\text\traditions_civ4gametext.xml. [/Users/tim/P4/Civ4/Source BTS/Win/FirePlace/FireWorks/Win32/FXml.cpp:140] Error parsing XML File -
File: xml\text\traditions_civ4gametext.xml
Reason: (null)
Line: 0, 0
Source: (null)

The oddest part about the second one is that I don't know a Tim. My name isn't tim, and my computer user goes by a different name on my account.

The two errors keep repeating once I click "OK", one after the other, so I have to force quite the application.

In any case, I'm perplexed. I would appreciate any assistance! Thanks!

Hey guys! I've been playing Civ4 for years now on a Mac, and I've only been able to get one mod running - History Rewritten; however, I've seen C2C for so long as one of the big names and have been itching to give it a try. I downloaded it and put it in the correct mods folder, but I am coming across some issues. Some other people have had them on here, but I am woefully inexperienced with modding and know pretty much nothing about it.

The oddest part about the second one is that I don't know a Tim. My name isn't tim, and my computer user goes by a different name on my account.
There is no mac support for C2C, sorry.

Tim is a default/example name applied by the perforce software. I don't know what perforce is as I'm not a mac user, maybe it's related to windows emulation, wine?

I wouldn't doubt that wine has something to do with it. That makes sense... I had issues before, but I came surprisingly far (in my opinion). Thanks for your help!

Hey guys! I've been playing Civ4 for years now on a Mac, and I've only been able to get one mod running - History Rewritten; however, I've seen C2C for so long as one of the big names and have been itching to give it a try. I downloaded it and put it in the correct mods folder, but I am coming across some issues. Some other people have had them on here, but I am woefully inexperienced with modding and know pretty much nothing about it. Here they are:

1. XML Load Error
LoadXML call failed for xml\text\entertainer_civ4gametext.xml.
Current XML file is: xml\PythonCallbackDefines.xml

2. XML Load Error
Failed Loading XML File xml\text\traditions_civ4gametext.xml. [/Users/tim/P4/Civ4/Source BTS/Win/FirePlace/FireWorks/Win32/FXml.cpp:140] Error parsing XML File -
File: xml\text\traditions_civ4gametext.xml
Reason: (null)
Line: 0, 0
Source: (null)

The two errors keep repeating once I click "OK", one after the other, so I have to force quite the application.

In any case, I'm perplexed. I would appreciate any assistance! Thanks!
The mac implementation of Civ IV does not support mods that change the dll.

Помогите! У меня вот какая проблема: при начале игры, панель инструментов ничего не показывает. Ни у юнитов, ни в окне города. В обычной BTS такой проблемы нет.
Сiv 4 BTS 319
Windows 10

Help! My problem is this: when the game starts, the toolbar doesn't show anything. Neither the units nor in the window of the city. In normal BTS, there is no such problem.
Civ4 BTS 319
Windows 10

Attachments

• ошибка 1.png
    ошибка 1.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 203
  • ошибка 2.png
    ошибка 2.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 207
  • ошибка 3.png
    ошибка 3.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 220
Помогите! У меня вот какая проблема: при начале игры, панель инструментов ничего не показывает. Ни у юнитов, ни в окне города. В обычной BTS такой проблемы нет.
Сiv 4 BTS 319
Windows 10

Help! My problem is this: when the game starts, the toolbar doesn't show anything. Neither the units nor in the window of the city. In normal BTS, there is no such problem.
Civ4 BTS 319
Windows 10
Make sure mod isn't in my documents, and is named Caveman2Cosmos
Make sure that User Settings folder isn't read only, and that you run game as admin

C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Цивилизация Сида Мейера 4 Завершить \ Вне меча \ Моды \ Caveman2Cosmos.

Вот Это Да! Запуск от имени администратора действительно помог! Спасибо!
Что такое папка "Настройки пользователя", я ее не нашел.

C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Sid Meyer 4 Civilization Complete \ Out of Sword \ Mods \ Caveman2Cosmos.

Blimey! Running as administrator really helped! Thank!
What is the "User Settings" folder, I did not find it.
User Settings is generated in Caveman2Cosmos folder if it isn't present here.
I guess it couldn't be created without admin permission.

Top Bottom