I can't wait :(

I had a very well-timed vacation to Europe, which involved a visit to Italy. So I was able to get the Italian version of the game for XBox 360 (which, interestingly, features Ceasar rather than Napoleon as the center unit on the cover of the box). I was afraid I still would not be able to play with the game being in Italian, but I had a short layover on my flight back in London, where I was able to pick up an English version of the game at a gamestore at the airport. I was thrilled. As it turns out, both game disks play just fine on the 360 with no problem with region coding, and both play in English (probably due to the language preferences I have set on the XBox). (The instruction pamphlet for the italian version is, of course, in Italian, but you don't really need it.) So I have been playing away. (I suppose I could mail my extra copy to some deserving soul -- or if anybody lives in the SF Bay Area, they could pick it up from me . . .)

The game does not really compare to Civ IV, which provides a much richer game play experience. But it is fun to play just for a change of pace, and the faster game times make it easier to pick up and play a quick game. Deity level is not nearly as difficult.

1 More Day!!!!! Bump Bump! :d:d:d:d

The XBox 360 version of CivRev is also region free. I imported a copy from gameplay.co.uk after someone on my regular gaming bboard imported one and reported that it's not region-locked. It's probably not worth it at this point though. It took 8 days for mine to arrive (although I've heard some people have had more luck with only 4-5 day delivery).

There is a danger associated with importing your games. I don't know if this applies to 360 games, but on the PS3 downloadable content from one region isn't compatible with the software from another region, or so I've heard. Someone on another forum that I frequent bought a game from the US, but was on a European PS3/account. While he was able to play the game alright, when a substantive DLC was released for the game and was purchased off the EU store (may have been a map pack, so I'm thinking it was R:FoM), it wouldn't sync up with the game off the disc. I remember him posting that he eventually had to go buy an EU copy of the game so the DLC would work.

There is a danger associated with importing your games. I don't know if this applies to 360 games, but on the PS3 downloadable content from one region isn't compatible with the software from another region, or so I've heard.

Ouch. Well, we'll see how it goes. I started a new job today, so I think importing a copy, playing two weeks of CivRev, and getting it out of my system (I'm up to 570 of 1000 Achievement Points so far), instead of getting it on the US release, staying up late and showing up to the new job bleary eyed every morning, was probably the right move.

I have to wait for gamestop to get it on July 8, but they wont sell it until july 9!!!!:(

So where is the DS version then, does anyone have a definitive date for this yet?

Well, now I'm confuse.... I know the release date is today but is not going to be available until tomorrow, how come Gamestop called me yesterday saying that I can pick up the game today July 8th after 10am? I guess we are going to find out in a couple of hours

Sadly the Amazon.co.uk site still says pre-order for Aug 28th, you'd think someone could get their act together. All other uk internet game stores show the date as 28th Aug too! I thought europe was getting it before the US?

Sadly the Amazon.co.uk site still says pre-order for Aug 28th, you'd think someone could get their act together. All other uk internet game stores show the date as 28th Aug too! I thought europe was getting it before the US?
I'm almost positive that DS games are Region Free. So if we can import CivRev XBox/PS3 from UK to the US to get the game early, you can import CivRev DS from the US to the UK :) Added bonus, with the Pound killing the US Dollar, it shouldn't cost too much.

I just call Gamestop and they said that the game will be available after 2pm , they are just waiting for the shipment. I'm still have a chance to get it tonight :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Hmmm TONIGHT KAZUY4 make a video of you and your sealed civilization revolution and u opening and playing it for the first time! cmon!

I'm almost positive that DS games are Region Free. So if we can import CivRev XBox/PS3 from UK to the US to get the game early, you can import CivRev DS from the US to the UK :) Added bonus, with the Pound killing the US Dollar, it shouldn't cost too much.

amazon.com international will cost me £40 due to shipping :cry:

No Fair why can't the UK have it as well :mad:

Hehee. Quess whois living in Finland and ordered & payd this from VG+ long ago. So atleast 1 week (havent got info about posting it yet) til I get my own copy. Others have played it here already 1 month...:(.

Top Bottom