I get more beakers than I should

kryszcztov

Deity
I've already reported something I can't explain, so I'll just give you the link to my extensive analysis : http://realmsbeyond.net/forums/showthread.php?t=481

If anyone has encountered this in a game, please report it too, and if anyone really thinks of an explanation, please post too, thanks. I might suggest you read it all carefully, and will already answer some questions you might have come up with :
- It's my 1st Civ4 game ever, and with the 1.09 patch.
- The 'bug' appears in 4000BC after founding my capital (I'm 1st in the roster), so no AI popping a hut, no tech deflation (it's not a starting tech problem : Animal Husbandry).

My first thought is that the +1 beaker at 0% is so that at zero research you slowly are able to gain a tech. I don't understand why it changes with % though. Even if it was +1 free commerce it doesn't make sense because then you should get +1 beaker for 50-100% and +1 gold for 0-50% or something.

It could have to do with how civ does its rounding. If I were coding this I would make sure to round the beakers one way and round the gold another way so that Commerce = Beakers + Gold. But again you would expect it to be a +/- 1 beaker difference at most if this was the problem.

The tech having a different cost than in the manual and the fold out chart isn't suprising. It could have been changed after the manual was printed or it could be different due to your game settings (e.g. epic speed versus normal).

The worker spontaneously turning into a citizen is just a weird bug I think. Somehow I got mine to stay after I click the govenor options on and off a few times, but I did witness what you reported.

I told about the techs' costs to make sure they were correct. Of course (I suppose like Civ3), techs' costs depend on the difficulty level, on the size of the map, on the game speed, etc...

I don't understand why I should get 1 beaker at 0% science. If I don't want to learn anything, it's my choice ! Imagine if it prevented me from doing the Republic slingshot in C3C !! :eek: Not only shouldn't I get 1 beaker at 0% science, but also I get more extra beakers at 100% science. On top of that, the number of extra beakers depends on the tech's cost too.

I can only come to the conclusion that it's a bug. On my 1st Civ4 game ever (tutorial aside). On turn 0. :sad:

Top Bottom