I getting mighty tired...

crag

Chieftain
of playing a game, only to find out there's 1 (ONE) source of iron on the whole continent.

And I'm also getting tired of the way the game selects (focus) on the next unit. In a battle, I move a unit and the map swings across the world to the next unit (a ship set on explore runs into a barbarian camp) on the other side of the world. Then swings back to the 3rd unit right next to the first unit I moved. VERY ANNOYING. Would it me so hard to set the focus based on location of the last unit I used?

Also, please, please, PLEASE - I'll give you one of my kids - make me a mod that puts more iron on the map!

-Thanks for reading my rant.

Yeah, I think there is an option to remove the camera autofocusing.

And when you start the game, go to advanced setup and change the resource tab.

Iron does seem vary scarce, but you don't really need it. Horsemen and knights are just as good in most contexts.

And seconded on the auto-focus algorithm: I don't mind having auto-focus (in fact, I theoretically like it), but can't they give it a preference for dealing with all of the units on the same screen consecutively?

For the lack of iron, well that ticks me off too.

But I'm pretty sure that the solution would be more in
making it so that you can build several units with only
one resource.

One of the leaders has the trait to get more from resources. I guess 1 iron that would give 4 would give 6 or 8.

Probably just bad luck. Had a few matches where there wasn't a lot of iron but most of the time it was pretty balanced. Sometimes it's quite out of the way though, are you sure you've explored every spot of your continent?

This happened to me in my current game. I just went heavy with archers and pikemen and milked them for all they were worth. I was fortunate to have 2 great generals so I spread them out among the archers to soften the cities. Put horsemen on the flanks.

I am tired of the way I don't get any coal even though I own nearly a whole continent. :mad: This is the third game in a row. It always seems to show up in city state's territory though. Perhaps that was a design decision to create more warfare or diplomatic tension.

Also, I am tired of the way the AI cheats. They run over and found cities on the most useless spots and then coal or oil inevitably spawns there later. I hated that aspect in Civ III and cIV. The AI gets enough bonuses without giving them the ability to predict the future.

Playing as the Arabs and starting in a huge desert I am saddened to see that I only get 2 oil resources. Even though it will be doubled, it's still crappy as desert handicaps you from the start of the game. I was looking forward to a lot of oil for the late game.

of playing a game, only to find out there's 1 (ONE) source of iron on the whole continent.

And I'm also getting tired of the way the game selects (focus) on the next unit. In a battle, I move a unit and the map swings across the world to the next unit (a ship set on explore runs into a barbarian camp) on the other side of the world. Then swings back to the 3rd unit right next to the first unit I moved. VERY ANNOYING. Would it me so hard to set the focus based on location of the last unit I used?

Also, please, please, PLEASE - I'll give you one of my kids - make me a mod that puts more iron on the map!

-Thanks for reading my rant.

Have you tried taking a nap to see if it fixes the being tired part?

Trying to help.

I am tired of the way I don't get any coal even though I own nearly a whole continent. :mad: This is the third game in a row. It always seems to show up in city state's territory though. Perhaps that was a design decision to create more warfare or diplomatic tension.

Also, I am tired of the way the AI cheats. They run over and found cities on the most useless spots and then coal or oil inevitably spawns there later. I hated that aspect in Civ III and cIV. The AI gets enough bonuses without giving them the ability to predict the future.

Playing as the Arabs and starting in a huge desert I am saddened to see that I only get 2 oil resources. Even though it will be doubled, it's still crappy as desert handicaps you from the start of the game. I was looking forward to a lot of oil for the late game.

I have the same experience with coal and AI city placing.Last game Darius starts north of me and the second city he made was far south,then there 2 coal and 2 oil pop up.:sad:

Odd. I'm playing Prince with Standard resources, and there are three sources of iron in my current civ and I have five cities. I see a couple more close by. Maybe I'm lucky and they're clustered near me and not the AI?

I find that tundra areas are normally very rich in iron (and quite a few other resources), therefore i normally try and explore those areas quickly, ready for a settler ush towards any resources that i find later.

Top Bottom