1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[Vanilla] I have problem with dds file

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Unit Graphics' started by Darkator, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Darkator

Darkator Chieftain

I started to modify textures and unit models (in gimp and nifskope programs) and civilization does not read textures (I suspect that the dds file is wrong) Zrzut ekranu z 2020-11-28 19-44-38.png Zrzut ekranu z 2020-11-28 19-36-03.png

2. PPQ_Purple

PPQ_Purple Techpriest Engineer

It's not a problem with the DDS file but with the model it self. On your model go to NiSkinInstance and delete the skin partition.

tantanmen likes this.
  3. Darkator

Darkator Chieftain

Its working, thank you.

4. Darkator

Darkator Chieftain

@PPQ_Purple
    I have new problem. When i edit the name of one dds file then all dds files will be renamed. Zrzut ekranu z 2020-11-29 23-31-25.png

5. PPQ_Purple

That's normal. It's because you are using the same texture property for all your meshes. See the little number next to the name? That's the nodes ID. It's serial number if you will.
    If you want to split those apart you can copy paste the texturing property (39) and than go into the options for each of the individual pieces, remove 39 and enter the number for one of these new copies.

tantanmen likes this.
  6. Darkator

Darkator Chieftain

Wow its working. thank you.

7. Darkator

Darkator Chieftain

@PPQ_Purple
    has problems with a scabbard for sabers, after the death of a unit, they hang in the air and do not stick to the bodies.
    I know adding this section could:
    Niskininstance
    ninode ....

but I have problems with the Niskindata section but when I try to do with this section the model breaks

Attached Files:

8. PPQ_Purple

There are two ways you can fix this:
    1. Remove the material property from the scabbard and than go into its options and tie the same property (not a copy but the same index) as a piece that works to it.
    2. Alter the animation to effect your scabbard by opening the relevant kf file, making a copy of the node for a piece that works as you want and than replacing the strings to point at your scabbard.

I suggest you try both separately since they are both easy and it's a good way to familiarize your self with the tools you are using.

tantanmen likes this.
  9. Darkator

Darkator Chieftain

@PPQ_Purple I don't know if I followed one of these two methods but it came out like on a file with that size File size: 468.9 KB
    and name zrzut-ekranu-z-2020-12-01-21-02-23-png.577135

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
  10. PPQ_Purple

I do not see how file size relates to anything. At this point why not just upload the nif file and I'll look at it?

11. Darkator

Darkator Chieftain

@PPQ_Purple sorry for sending so many screenshots, but i wanted you to have a better perspective on the issue.

I am sending a folder with the unit's artwork

Attached Files: