I may annouce a scenario

Plagiarism is only plagiarism if you do not credit the source. If you say it is your own idea, then that is stealing.

^ Yees.And I forgot to mention it :mischief: .
The scenario itself is called "The Abyss".
HoI 2 is one of the greatest strategies I've ever played so it gives me a lot of ideas....and yes,the storyline is pretty much influenced (or stealed) (from) by HoI 2. Nothing wrong with it right ?

:p

In my case, merely an observation.

Well the scenario is 98 % complete.I will try some things,and if I fail I will just release it.

And...I want to ask something.Has Fairline created more 20th century units (exept the ones posted by Catfish).I bet he did,but I can't find any of them.So if you have some of them,post them so I can get some scenario ideas.

:)

Unfortunately, the 50's to the 90's is fairly mcomplete when it comes to graphics.

Hey Guys.I am back from the ski resort.And I finished the scenario.Now the only thing left is to write the "Readme" file.Which I plan to do Tomorow.

Oh...and,Happy new year. :) :beer:

So here it is finished it.And it is the first CIV II scenario for year 2011.

As well as 90 % of the scenarios...READ THE DAMN "README" file.Oops that was a bit radical but yes, read it.

:) :cool: :goodjob:

Attachments

• The Abyss.rar
    794.9 KB · Views: 93
So...what do you think.Any glitches or bugs...something wrong with it ? Say now so I can edit it and post it in the "Downloads" section :)

I just took a quick look at the scenario. It seems like it can be a fun one and I like the alternative world very much. :goodjob:
Some of the graphics are a bit outdated imho. Since I was bored I took the liberty to mod your graphics a bit. Now keep in mind, these are only SUGGESTIONS! :mischief: It's your scen so it's up to you if you'll use anything. I took the graphics mostly from Curt Siblings Dictator scenarios and from a few I've updated myself.

Attachments

• Abyss.zip
    223.8 KB · Views: 77
Well first...thanks.Now...the terrain is nicely made,but it is somehow "incompatible" with my taste (probably I am not used to them).I really liked the idea of the trees on the hills but unfortunately the hills colour is slightly different than mine so It looks "wierd".I choose not to include it (but everybody is free to use whatever he wants).Aldo one thing is going to be in: The Swamp.I considered it pretty "boring" before,but now it looks awesome.

:goodjob: :)

As I said, it's your scenario, and I just posted an example ;) Glad you liked some of it.

Some advice, on things you might consider changing, to make a more believable alternate history scenario:

USNA:
Your timeline states that the United States are granted all BNA lands following the defeat of the British Empire during the Revolutionary War, so I have to wonder why does Winnipeg or Vancouver exist, as neither would have been founded without a British presence on the continent. Instead, they may have become New Lexington, or West Concord or something to that effect, but they surely would not have kept their British appointed names (perhaps Winnipeg may have). Also Toronto would never have existed and instead would have kept its title of Fort Rouillé or have been renamed something else.

USSR:
Looks about the usual for an alternate history USSR, but one thing....the USSR never had marines, instead they referred to their naval combat arms branch as “Naval Infantry”. Also, when it comes to some of the Chinese occupied territories, Beijing should be Beiping, and a few other cities would still have older pre-Chinese Communist Revolution names.

Libertadores:
Seems about right....I’m not sure if South American Communists would have associated themselves with Bolivar and the other great liberators(but then again, Chavez does it now, so I guess it’s plausible enough). Also, for some reasons I don’t think that a Communist South America would have Legionnaires and that smacks more of Peronist or more right-wing political entities.

German Union:
I’m totally lost at how Germany became a democratic union. More than likely, it would have stayed a conservative monarchy under the Kaiser, or at the very least transitioned to some sort of conservative oligarchy, but it seems too much of stretch for the Germans to transition to democracy without larger changes to the timeline.
Also, why’s there a Waffen SS in a democratic Germany?

Islamic Union:
Wouldn’t the Ottoman Empire have more than likely remained as the Islamic Territories would have still been under Ottoman rule, rather than being ruled by the Colonial Powers. Exceptions include North Africa which for the most part was under some semblance of colonial rule.
Visual note: Why are the Islamic soldiers wearing East Indian style uniforms?

African People’s Union:
I really can’t see the Boers, Rhodesians and white Africans at large forming a union with black African nationalists. More than likely, an African Union would either be an amalgamation of black African states united after throwing out the colonials or a white Boer led minority dictatorship of white Africans who have taken control of the former colonies following the defeat of the colonial powers.
Also, what happened to the German territories in Africa, did they lose them to revolution?

New Britain:
A rather confusing set of nations......
Why wouldn’t the Viceroy of India be the new monarch or at the very least have the Royal Family evacuated to India, since after all I’m a little confused as to why New Britain is a Presidential Democracy but yet they chose to retain the Union Jack (which is considered the monarch’s flag).
Why is Indochina part of New Britain?
New British Units: Seems almost impossible that New Britain could produce such a wide variety of modern units, with their manufacturing base being not as strong as the UK itself was. I also find it strange that the SAS was developed with no WW2.

Anyhow, in the end it’s your scenario and it’s up to you, but I would suggest making a few changes just to create a more believable timeline.

^ Well...you "threw me into a cliff" as we say around here.

USNA: Well...dunno.You are from Canada I guess.I am from Eastern Europe so I dont know anything about the canadian history.I will fix the names.

USSR: Yes you are right about the "marines" and the city names.I will fix that one too.

Libertadores: Well.I am still trying to find an appropriate name about the "Legionario" and the German SS (I really couldn't see what else to put as a special infantry for them).

Germany: Well...I dont know much about politics and stuff.But somehowI think that if you merge Europe into one it will be rather hard to be a conservative monarchy.And...hmmm...I really didnt thought about Namibia,Cameroon and Benin...I dont know what I will do with them.

Islamic Union: Why Est Indian Uniforms...That was the only apropriate skin I found for their infantry.

APR: Well.Cant do much with this.

New Britain: The Idea about the Vicery isn't bad, I may make them Monarchy.About Indochina,where else should they be ? Lets say that after the colapse of France Inochina rebels off and the British forces deal with the rebels and annex the territory.I cant make more countries/civilizations and I wanted the whole world to be distributed.
About their units...I think they are back enough with the equipment...I mean there must be atleast a little bit of balance in the scenario,I will remove some units and spawn some Rolls-Royce armoured cars and some 6-tons.And one question,should I keep the Matilda or swap it with Valentine ? About the SAS...British also need special infantry right ?

^ Well...you "threw me into a cliff" as we say around here.

USNA: Well...dunno.You are from Canada I guess.I am from Eastern Europe so I dont know anything about the canadian history.I will fix the names.

USSR: Yes you are right about the "marines" and the city names.I will fix that one too.

Libertadores: Well.I am still trying to find an appropriate name about the "Legionario" and the German SS (I really couldn't see what else to put as a special infantry for them).

Germany: Well...I dont know much about politics and stuff.But somehowI think that if you merge Europe into one it will be rather hard to be a conservative monarchy.And...hmmm...I really didnt thought about Namibia,Cameroon and Benin...I dont know what I will do with them.

Islamic Union: Why Est Indian Uniforms...That was the only apropriate skin I found for their infantry.

APR: Well.Cant do much with this.

New Britain: The Idea about the Vicery isn't bad, I may make them Monarchy.About Indochina,where else should they be ? Lets say that after the colapse of France Inochina rebels off and the British forces deal with the rebels and annex the territory.I cant make more countries/civilizations and I wanted the whole world to be distributed.
About their units...I think they are back enough with the equipment...I mean there must be atleast a little bit of balance in the scenario,I will remove some units and spawn some Rolls-Royce armoured cars and some 6-tons.And one question,should I keep the Matilda or swap it with Valentine ? About the SAS...British also need special infantry right ?

For the SS I would change it to: Fallschirmjäger
For the Legionario I would change it to: Guardia Civil
For the SAS: Parachute Regiment

Unfortunately, the 50's to the 90's is fairly mcomplete when it comes to graphics.

There was a set of Korean War graphics created awhile ago. Featured most Soviet, North Korean, South Korean, and U.S. military. If there's an interest I can post the files here. I will upload them to the Scenario league wiki when I get the chance.

And...I want to ask something.Has Fairline created more 20th century units (exept the ones posted by Catfish).I bet he did,but I can't find any of them.So if you have some of them,post them so I can get some scenario ideas.

What did you need?

^ Oh my god it is Fairline :worship: :worship: :worship:

Now...about "The Abyss".I had all the units I needed.Now there are three ideas in my head.

The first is about the Cuban Missile Crisis in 1962.It is again an alternate history.I guess you guessed it...Instead of Soviet withdraw from the area,the WWIII starts with nukes.And I need some Infantry from that era.I have most of the armoured units that have been used then.And I need some aircraft.

Second.There is a WWI scenario for MGE.The graphics are pretty outdated and I wondered are there any units from the 1910's that are like your WWII units,so I can have some extra fun with the scenario.

And last.Some pretty modern infantry units from the end of of 20th and the beggining of 21st century.Because around an year ago I almost finished a scenario,but there were not enough units for the job.Now I have your modern collection and I need Infantry.

Now about "The Abyss".I wrote a message to the...lets call him "the collection manager" and I hope the finished scenario will be added soon...and I mentioned all of you guys in the credits.

So I don't have anything specifically for the scenarios you mention, but maybe there are units in the attached sets you could use. They're all for ToT, so would need cropping for MGE, and most importantly, properly converting from 16-bit colours to the bespoke MGE/FW colour palette. If you have PSP, GIMP or photoshop you can do this by saving the palette from an original FW/MGE unit set and loading this into the ToT files. Obviously you''ll then need to copy, possibly crop, and paste them into your MGE units file.

Attachments

• fairline Chinese Warlords preview only.png
    fairline Chinese Warlords preview only.png
    138.5 KB · Views: 73
  • fairline Red October v2 preview.png
    fairline Red October v2 preview.png
    181.7 KB · Views: 75
  • Korea Units preview.png
    Korea Units preview.png
    179.6 KB · Views: 94
  • fairline ww1 allied ac preview.png
    fairline ww1 allied ac preview.png
    34.4 KB · Views: 82
Forgot these. There may be some WW1-era ones you can use from these mainly 19th C units:

Attachments

• BmBToTGfx.rar
    335.6 KB · Views: 67
  • Imp1870v3ToTGfx1.rar
    181.8 KB · Views: 61
  • Imp1870v3ToTGfx2.rar
    371.8 KB · Views: 59
^ The units are impressive,there is no doubt.I dont see what I could use from them (if I want to be historical accurate).The Korean units may need some editing (to give the Red Army AK's etc.).I may try to do it,but where can I find these scenarios.

Because the last scenario I really liked was a MGE one for the russian civil war.The warlords of china scenario also looks interesting.I searched for them but I couldnt find any of these.If you know where I can find them please share

Top Bottom