1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

I miss the original theme

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by IMACIVFAN, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Furycrab

Furycrab King

I'm terrible with names, but the composer for Super Meat Boy (and I think Crypt of the Necrodancer) does some pretty awesome stuff. The Battle for Lil Slugger is pretty solid.

I also have great admiration for many NES and SNES era composers, not easy to make awesome sounding chip tunes. Silver Surfer for the NES is pretty crazy.

2. Josephias

Josephias Emperor

On the other hand, if you prefer vocals in your soundtrack, I think it's worth to mention as well another TBS classic: Heroes of Might and Magic

From the classic themes

Spoiler :

To the most new ones

Spoiler :

3. Acken

Acken Deity

Baba yetu works great as an introduction when you launch the game to pump you up but I would go mad if it was running while playing the game.

nzcamel and Josephias like this.
  4. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  5. CIVLOYALIST

CIVLOYALIST Chieftain

I posted it on my facebook because it's the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra who made the performance. My greatest affection towards this world class Orchestra.

Does anyone realize that it is part of the Rosary Prayer?

6. Abraxis

Abraxis Emperor

For Nintendo, Donkey Kong Country steals it for me I think, particularly this track.
    Spoiler :

7. Soterius

Soterius Chieftain

From the moment I woke up today, this has been playing in my mind all morning, lol:

I love the funny and silly atmosphere to it haha. I remember managing my empire obsessively with this playing in the background, such sweet memories...

8. Gambito

Gambito Chieftain

Of all in-game tracks, my all time favorite is the EU Medieval theme from CIV III:

Spoiler MidECFull :

9. RealHuhn

RealHuhn Emperor

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold on a minute. Granted, I've only experienced Skyrim years after it came out with all addons and 200+ mods and ENB but that was the most emotional experience I had in any video game, ever. And I've been playing games for 20 years. Of course, it's my personal opinion but without the sound track, Skyrim wouldn't be half as good as it was for me.

For example, one of my favs definitely is Far Horizons. It's so peaceful and mythical, especially the part @1:00-2:00. Wandering through the woods around Riften at night surrounded by fireflies, a summoned wolf spirit, an elvish companion and this music just gave me the chills.
    I'm sorry that it didn't work out for you.

Link:

10. Bino

Bino Warlord

Well, first time I heard this I was amazed, fond memories! More recently from Strike Suit Zero I really liked this:

11. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

Wow.

The discussion devolved into "Best video game theme."

12. Zaarin

Zaarin Chief Medical Officer, DS9

There are a handful of decent pieces--"Far Horizon," "Secunda," and "Streets of Whiterun" are some of the better ones. But Skyrim's soundtrack feels rather...bland compared to Morrowind or even Oblivion. I'm pretty certain I heard "Silt Sunrise" as the melodic core of at least half of Skyrim's tracks, and "Dragonborn" ranks even below "Terra Nova" for game music I hate. ;) As for the game itself, Skyrim is probably the shallowest game I've played in years; if it's the most emotional experience you've had in a game, I'd be happy to recommend some better games for you. :p I'd start with Morrowind, the only great game Bethesda has ever made. ;) (But not the only great game they've published: Fallout: New Vegas was really good, no doubt because Obsidian knows how to write characters and story, unlike post-Morrowind Bethesda...)