I need some help with Multiplayer connections

DutchConqueror

Chieftain
Hey everybody

I'm new to this forum and to the multiplayer aspects of this wonderful game.
This evening I tried to host an online multiplayer game so that I could play a game against my brother:lol: .

Unfortunately, when my brother tried to join a game he got the following error: ''connection to the game machine has failed'':(

I presume that it's a common error, but I would appreciate it if someone could point out what the propable cause of this problem is.:confused:

Thanks in advance,

DutchConqueror:king:

Well, I don't think anyone here knows the answer. In fact, I'd like to know the answer as well...

You should have a look in the Civ2 Multiplayer & PBEM forum.

And actually, this thread might very well fix your problems.

P.S. You might also find that a more descriptive thread title will help in the future. If the thread title had mentioned you needed help fixing connection problems in a multiplayer game, none of those 38 viewers would have had to open the thread to find out they (apparently) couldn't help you, people that did know the answer would've found this thread more easily, and other people who may have the same question in the future would've been able to find this thread more easily.

I took a look earlier, but don't know the answer. I have only played MP once or twice. As I recall, if the host has a firewall up, it can cause problems, but I don't know what kind of error message it causes. Probably you'd have a better chance in the MP forum, here, or maybe at Apolyton.

Could be a firewall issue or an IP address issue. I have had games where other people couldn't connect to my system but I could connect to theirs just fine.

Try getting the game set up on your brothers system and then you connecting to him.

BTW, the number of views doesn't really mean actual people read the thread. We have many 'Bots' that roam the site that trigger a thread as being read but it;s no more than getting scanned for search engines and such.

Top Bottom