I shall build my house with Olives (Civ 6)

King Phaedron

Warlord
When considering the yields of luxury resources in Civ 6, I noticed that Whales, Gypsum, Ivory, and Olives all increase production. Whale bones can be used as materials, and the same is true for Ivory and Gypsum, but when it comes to Olives, I just can't wrap my head around it. Perhaps if I crush them up, I could use them as mortar for bricks.

I think what happened is that the Romans really loved their Olives, and the Romans were super productive, building all sorts of things that we don't quite understand. If indeed they did build them, and not simply arrive on the scene. There are many places in the ancient world with stones so perfectly aligned, one cannot even put a piece of paper between them. How did those Egyptians build the Pyramids? How did the Greeks and Romans build all those great temples and aqueducts?

Perhaps the secret is Olives... Perhaps Roman Olives were so packed full of nutrition, they gave you super strength and vitality, leading to more work being done.

I don't think it's a coincidence that Popeye the Sailor Man, known for his super strength from eating Spinach, would have a girl named Olive Oyl for a mate. You don't see it very often due to her ladylike demeanor and lack of confidence, but Olive Oyl is actually super strong in her own right.

From the wiki page: "Like Popeye, there are times where Olive gains superhuman strength from eating spinach..." But she doesn't eat it all the time like Popeye does.

"Gather up the Olives Men, Ceasar wants several miles of roads and Adueducts built and we only have one turn to do it!"

Top Bottom