I want to play Battle for Middle Earth 2 on my PC and I can't get it to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
First: I already bought the base game (and the expansion pack Rise of the Witch King) but I've lost the discs. Anyway considering:

1) I already bought the game and
2) you can no longer buy the original game without resorting to it being incredibly overpriced on eBay (they no longer sell the game new and you can't buy it as a digital download)

I see nothing wrong with pirating it. That said, I can't make it work. I have tried to make the game work countless times and each time I've tried to play it didn't work. Would anyone be able to help me with this problem?

First: I already bought the base game (and the expansion pack Rise of the Witch King) but I've lost the discs. Anyway considering:

1) I already bought the game and
2) you can no longer buy the original game without resorting to it being incredibly overpriced on eBay (they no longer sell the game new and you can't buy it as a digital download)

I see nothing wrong with pirating it. That said, I can't make it work. I have tried to make the game work countless times and each time I've tried to play it didn't work. Would anyone be able to help me with this problem?

I have similar problem, and I even still have the CD's and product code. The auto-patching it does right after installing that's needed to play no longer has a site it'll connect to.

so is there anything that can be done?

so is there anything that can be done?

I had a look in a Google search for a LotR: BfMe2 Patch online. I ended up inadvertendly downloading a well-disguised Trojan. Mind, that was a year-and-a-half ago, and I haven't tried since. There MIGHT be something genuine up now.

From the site's rules:
Zero tolerance on piracy
Posting links to warez sites and program cracks (including no-CD crack) are not allowed on the forum. Anyone found guilty of participating in piracy activity on the forum will be punished. Please note that "abandonware" has no legal status, and for the purposes of this rule, we consider linking to abandonware as piracy.

Moderator Action: Discussion of pirating software is not allowed on site. Please do not do so in future. Thread closed.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

The problem may be related to the issue discussed in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom