I wish I was an AI so I could also spawn and attack on the same turn

drubell

Prince
I overall like Civ 6, but I am getting increasingly annoyed at how the AI (both barbs and major civ units) are allowed to spawn and attack on the same turn. Last night I was playing with regular multiplayer friends of mine and kept losing units to an AI city because the AI kept spawning units that instantly attack my units before I could do something to prevent such an action from an AI unit. I got sick of this behavior and left the game.

Either the player should be also allowed to move/attack with a newly spawned unit, or this behavior by the AI needs to get removed from the game. There's not much more frustrating than when the game is following combat rules that a player cannot possibly do.

Can you not attack on the same turn when you build a unit? I think you can.
You can try to surround the city to prevent it from having production and plunder everything

Units can attack on the same turn they are produced, just not if they are purchased. If AI was producing with hammers, the unit can attack you as soon at it appears.

Here's a quick guide on how to produce a unit and attack with it on the same turn:

Step 1:
- Produce a Unit

Now comes the important part.

Step 2:
- Issue an attack order before ending the turn

I know this is somewhat complicated, and you may not get it to work the first time you try it, but over time you will understand how it works, and from that point on you should have a reasonably high success rate. (;

Well that's embarrassing. I still don't appreciate it when barbs can spawn and telefrag on the same turn.

As mentioned previously if a unit is produced it can move and attack on the same turn up to its movement points allowance.

The problem with barbs is that they can spawn without warning very aggressively. In my last time, circa turn 20 I had an encampment near my capital spitting out a horseman every three turns, making them a bigger threat than any human or AI at the time. Everytime I got a square closer another one would spawn. It took an 'army' of 4 archers to clear it with the barbs combat bonus active.

The barbs are by far more challenging than the AI. I was cussing up a storm last night, the camps where popping up like popcorn even though I had a handful of cities and even scouts spread out covering as much fog as possible. And if the camp is near horses, your in big trouble unless you have some good units nearby.

In Civ V you could patrol with scouts and that would stop a camp from spawning for some period of time, now they can spawn literally the next turn after one of your units leaves an area.

Last edited:
Well that's embarrassing. I still don't appreciate it when barbs can spawn and telefrag on the same turn.
I think the main problem with Barbarians is that they spawn one after the other in very quick succession, instead of "gradually building up" their force. Having them "spawn and attack" wouldn't be much of a problem imho.

And I'm sorry for my last post, it was meant to be a light joke, but reading it now it was unnecessarily sarcastic.

I like the barbarians. They are a challenge but one needs challenges

Top Bottom