ICDecompressEx returned -3

D

DvR

Hey there..

In the downloads section of Civ2 on this page, there is a patch to convert the Civ2 version to Civ2 Gold...
I installed the patch, but when i try to run a game, a little box pops up with the title "Get Frame" saying "ICDecompressEx returned -3"..

I also installed the patch at a friend of mine, and there it runs without problems..

Does anyone know what i can do to solve this problem??

Regards,
DvR

I know this is an old post, that I should've looked at earlier, but hopefully I can help in some way now. This seems to be the most common error I have been told about for my patch, and unfortunately I know of no quick fix. First what version of Windows are you using? If its 2000 make sure to download the Windows Update "Windows 2000 Compatability Patch" from Microsoft. If not try installing Civ in a different directory (for some reason this has worked). I definetly suggest trying the exe which should tell you the first non-compatible file you have, let me know what file it is and I'll send it to you and we can see where it goes from there.

------------------
"I just found my way. All you stupid ****ers walk around astounded and drowning." -Tantric
Cedric's Civilization 2 Site-Home of the finally updated "Multiplayer Gold Edition" patch.

Just posted this problem in a new thread, when I found this.
Is there no cure?

The strange thing is, that my Civ2 MGE has been running smoothly with no problems whatsoever since spring when I installed it.

I'll try installing to a different directory, although it sounds very odd as a solution.

PS. I run windows98, and have not updated it. The only thing I can think of conflicting, is my virus package/firewall. But even that is a far shot.

Phew, any news on this?

Top Bottom