Idea for Mod

nzk13

Some Jew-boy on Noble.
I'm sorry, I haven't purchased ciV yet, but I plan on doing so within the coming months. I just had an idea for a new trait for a civ I may want to mod in. Here it is: No matter how low on hp my units are, they always seem to my opponents to have full hp. Whenever they check, my unit seems to have full health. Would this be easy to mod? I'm terrible at all forms of programming, you see :).
EDIT: On further reflection, this is vaguely similar to the Japanese power.

This IS the Japanese unique ability. To the letter.

This IS the Japanese unique ability. To the letter.

Oh. I thought the Japanese unique ability was that their units attacked at full strength (that is, they do just as much damage) even when they are at low hp. I was thinking that, for my civ, the unit's power in battle wouldn't change, but if my opponent mouses over them, or he attacks them, the game lies to him, saying that they're at full health. But during actual calculation of battle probabilities, their combat prowess is unchanged.

It would require a few files override in a mod to make the human player seeing the fake health, but you wont be able to fool the AI as easily, we don't have access at the level where it compute which units to attack.

It would require a few files override in a mod to make the human player seeing the fake health, but you wont be able to fool the AI as easily, we don't have access at the level where it compute which units to attack.

So, I have to wait for the DLL then?

if you want to see AI archer retreating in disorder at the view of your one-hp-left-swordsman-who-looks-full-hp, yes :D

if you want to see AI archer retreating in disorder at the view of your one-hp-left-swordsman-who-looks-full-hp, yes :D

Pity. Even worse is the fact that I have no programming ability. After the DLL access comes, I'm gonna have to find someone who can code for me, then I'm going to have to figure out how to balance it. I'm sure that that problem is obvious.

Top Bottom