[Idea] Industry chains

Nimek

Emperor
Since we have industry chains for ores I think it would be cool to have more of it since we have techs in game to do so.

textile industry chain

As an example i used wool to show entire proccess

Building chain
sheep farm -> wool spinning hut -> wool weaving hut -> wool sewing hut
Resource chain
wool fiber -> wool yarn -> wool fabric -> wool clothes

so sheep farm will produce wool fiber, wool spining hut will produce wool yarn and so on...

weaving hut could produce coloured fabric with dye.

What you thik about this idea to have more industry chains. Lets take textile as a start. Of course my example only includes prehistoric/ancient buildings.

NOTE
For industry chains it will be good to have new tag for buildings that enables production of different resources depending of available resources. to avoid players confusions and too many buildings that do almost the same

Categorization tags for resources will be also needed to place order

Example
spinning hut
produces wool yarn with wool fiber
produces cotton yarn with cotton fiber
produces silk yarn with silk fiber

thanks to that we will avoid of making a lot of buildings (wool spinning hut, cotton spinning hut, silk spinning hut)

We sort of already do.

-----

Shearing Barn
Produced Resource: Wool
Req Buildings: Sheep Farm OR Yak Farm OR Alpaca Farm OR Angora Rabbit Breeder OR Angora Goat Breeder OR Woolly Pig Breeder OR Muskox Herd OR Mammoth Herd OR Mammoth Breeder

-----

Weaver's Hut
Produced Resource: Cloth
Req Buildings: Shearing Barn OR Silk Farm OR Cannabis Plantation OR Cotton Plantation OR Flax Farm

Note that I have been wanting to have this be resource based requirements rather than building. Such as Wool OR Silk OR Plant Fibers.

-----

Seamstress Hut
Produced Resource: Cloth
Req Resource: Cloth OR Leather OR Furs OR Hide

Textile Mill
Produced Resource: Clothing

Clothing Factory
Produced Resource: Clothing

Upgrades
Seamstress Hut -> Textile Mill -> Clothing Factory

NOTE
For industry chains it will be good to have new tag for buildings that enables production of different resources depending of available resources. to avoid players confusions and too many buildings that do almost the same

Categorization tags for resources will be also needed to place order

Example
spinning hut
produces wool yarn with wool fiber
produces cotton yarn with cotton fiber
produces silk yarn with silk fiber

thanks to that we will avoid of making a lot of buildings (wool spinning hut, cotton spinning hut, silk spinning hut)

Yeah that's impossible to get different outcomes from different resources. From what I am told the effort to do that would be very difficult and its just easier to make different buildings instead. Which is why I do that rather what you are suggesting. Note we do have buildings that produce 2 resources (ex. Apiary produces wax AND honey).

Top Bottom