Idea: Reincarnate Tourney into MP game?

Octavian X

is not a pipe.
This is just a random idea. Assuming we could get a good number of PBEMers on board, would anyone be interested in turning this tournament from a SP to MP PBEM game?

Several classes could be set up depending on participation, to allow more senior plays to play against others they feel are at their level.

It would be a round by round elimination - you lose a game, you don't go on. Of course, a loser's bracket could be set up.

Each round would last until a certain RL date. By that time, if one player defeated the other through the normal victories (spaceship, conquest, etc), or whoever had the highest score by a certain date, would win and go on.

Each round, all the players would play on the same maps. They would be allowed to chose their own civilizations, allowing each to play to his strengths. Rules could be impleaments on higher rounds or levels to force civilizations on players to allow for a harder game.

All players would have to play 1 vs 1 on a map. Byes would be allowed in the event that a player didn't have partner.

More rules would have to be worked out, of course, so this is just a base. Any takers? Suggestions?

Sounds like a good Idea :). How about we do like a Tournament Ladder kind of thing, with each section being a 1 on 1 game

Good idea. Just one problem. Some people (CivGeneral...) "forget" to play the game at 3-4 days length at a time. At that rate, the game would take forever to complete.

Plus, if you are really interested in a PBEM tourney, there is a PBEM ladder at this site

Originally posted by WildFire
Good idea. Just one problem. Some people (CivGeneral...) "forget" to play the game at 3-4 days length at a time. At that rate, the game would take forever to complete.

Plus, if you are really interested in a PBEM tourney, there is a PBEM ladder at this site

Wildfire - I told you, I promace to play the game Everyday and I will never forget when I play a PBEM game.

Why did you start this thread in this forum? Just saw it by a stupid coincedence now....

Sounds ok, but I am affrais I can't commit, for the reasons mentioned by Wildfire.

Originally posted by Stapel
Why did you start this thread in this forum? Just saw it by a stupid coincedence now....

This Forum used to be in the Tourney. But apperently Cracker or TF must have moved it.

Top Bottom