1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Ideas for Archeron

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by White Elk, Feb 16, 2008.

1. Mesix

Mesix One of Porg

I like the dragon egg idea. It could be a mobile wonder ilke the Lute and the Crown. There should be a few growth stages before the dragon reaches full maturity if this mechanic is added.

2. TheJopa

TheJopa Šumar

In FfH dragons do not hatch from eggs. They are created by gods, a creatures-weapons of incredible strength. The 3 dragons we have are actually the weakest of all dragons.
    So I don't think we will see dragon egg.

3. Rex rgis of Ter

Rex rgis of Ter Me I'm a Creator

Where did Difa the White Dragon go? Was he destroyed when Mulcarn was destroyed? Hopefully he will be reintroduced to the mod. Perhaps he is the Dargon Bones feature.

4. Ur_Vile_Wedge

Ur_Vile_Wedge Prince

In my AoI game, I killed him :p He was kind of weak anyway. (I'm assuming that the reason that Drifa is an 80 while the other dragons are in the low 20's is not due to great differences in the strength of the dragons, but that an ice age "empire" which is concerned with day to day survival's units are generally meant to be smaller and worse off than the troops running around in the age of rebirth.)

But what is the dragon bones supposed to be anyway? There had to be dragons around earlier, because there's a line in the civilopedia that "in the Age of magic, dwarves told men that it (mithril) was dragon bone" So there had to be dragons at least around, and maybe a few dead.

Dunno, I don't seem to have a point with this post

5. grumpylad

grumpylad Warlord

Maybe a little silly, but what I have done in the past is throw a couple of low units against him, to reduce his strength down and then a beast master to finish the job. As the dragon has won the earlier battles he has some xp, use this to give him mobility and away you go. Not ideal but it works ;)

6. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

I've captured Acheron twice, both times with Beastmasters. You need units with the Subdue Beast promotion, not the Subdue Animal promotion, since Acheron's a beast unit, not an animal unit. The first time I captured him he already had the Mobility I promotion. The second time I captured him he didn't, but he had enough XP that I was able to give him the Mobility I promotion.

7. Silverkiss

Silverkiss NekoChan

Are you sure ? I recall reading somewhere that Eurabates was actually the strongest of the Dragons...

8. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

It does state that Eurabatres was the strongest of the Dragons, in fact the strongest creature ever created by anyone except The One.

Personally I think he should be made much stronger in the game to fit with this. In the game he is weaker than the Mithil Golem (although the inability to get promotins compensates for this), Meshabber of Dis, and in the right circumstances than any unit with affinity. Wouldn't it be cool if the dragons had strengths like Drifa's in AoI, ~80? Either that or significant affinity.

9. Ur_Vile_Wedge

Ur_Vile_Wedge Prince

I don't think the 80 in AoI is equivalent to an 80 strength unit in a game set in the Age of Rebirth. Now that things aren't in an ice age, armies are probably bigger, with better equiptment, logistical support, training, organization etc. A lot of those early units in AoI are esssentially just hunting parties, which are maybe slightly bigger. From a roleplay perspective, I doubt that the army that took down the doviello would be more than a few hundred people large, whereas that's probably a unit or two by mid Rebirth.

I think that Drifa, should she (he?) make an appearance in FFH2 would be about as strong as the other dragons.

(hmmm, although skels are the same 4 in both games)

10. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

I pretty much agree, but i do think that Dragons should be stronger. Strength around 40 would probably be more reasonable (they should probably be more expensive to build though).

11. Saien

Saien Warlord

Acheron is not a Hero and does not accumulate XP. Furthermore, if he has the ability to summon meteors, that comes from his Dragon promotion.

12. rief_s

rief_s Chieftain

You could add mobility 1 when Acheron die (in python) so after captured, it already has mobility 1. Probably remove sentry 2 to balance it.

Spoiler :
    Mods\Fall from Heaven 2 030\Assets\python\CvEventManager.py

put it before : if (not self.__LOG_UNITKILLED):

def onUnitKilled(self, argsList):
    if unit.getUnitType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNIT_ACHERON'):
    unit.setHasPromotion(gc.getInfoTypeForString('PROMOTION_MOBILITY1'), True)
    unit.setHasPromotion(gc.getInfoTypeForString('PROMOTION_SENTRY2'), False)​
    Note: It should no space between prom and otion, but i can't remove it :confused:

13. Keilden

Keilden Chieftain

Whatever happens to Acheron he will end up bugged.