iEditCiv Released!

HMM.... iEditCiv may not be needed after all.. I've added the buttons in interface builder - and the methods work! I'll see about adding them all then posting a new interface file. Much easier than programming!

I tried to do the same, but gave up after I couldn't figure out what to do :lol:. I agree, it is much easier than programming... but still not that easy ;) :p.

Originally posted by senecasax
HMM.... iEditCiv may not be needed after all.. I've added the buttons in interface builder - and the methods work! I'll see about adding them all then posting a new interface file. Much easier than programming!
In Civ3edit? Tell me if you need button, I'll whip some up.

Originally posted by ejday

In Civ3edit? Tell me if you need button, I'll whip some up.

Check the latest thread started by him. He's already finished. And what a great job he did :).

The Civ3 FLCs are a different format than normal FLCs, so a tool like "FLICster" needs to be created to split the FLC's up, and put them together. We've got a few people looking into a mac version of this, we'll see what we can come up with.

Leaderheads can be created with anything that will save FLCs in normal format - maybe QT pro? I'll have to try.

I have successfully open FLCs with QuickTime Player, so I would assume that they would be exportable...

I'll have to try it out (I do have QT6 Pro) when I have time.

proud

I would read the very excellent threads on the Civ 3 FLC format in this forum.

Yes, you can open the leaderhead FLCs in QT, and thats fine because they're basically normal FLCs. But all the units are special FLCs which contain 8 seperate animations with a special header that tells Civ 3 that. After break I'm going to see if a simple tool can be made to split them into 8 normal FLC's then put them back together.

Hi @all!
First Warning: My English isn't very good because im from swizerland so dont' be surprised about it:)

I downloaded a few moments ago this editor, and everything worked with it and the standard civ editor, but the units wich i add appeared already from the beginning in a new game, neverthless the prequisite was "Sintethic Fibres"...
What did i wrong?

Hi, welcome. :wavey:. Your English is fine :)

If you upload your edited file I can have a look at it and maybe see what is wrong. I don't think this editor has been used for a very long time.

Thanks for help, but after i tried it out more times it is working!:hammer2: I don't know what the Reason was, but now i added succesfully some units to the game!

But another problem is (i know, its not exactly the right forum), how can i increase the unit32.pcx file? I only want to add some places for new units to it, and i tried it out, but the editor didnt agreed it...I also know of the huge units32.pcx file from Zulu,its very good, but its too huge so i lost the overview and not that what i imagine.(There are other standart units, i its laboriosly to search through it and att symbols to it).
So is there a way?

I found out, what the reason was: Always the last Unit of the List in The Editor always sets most of his preferences automatically back to these of a settler or a worker. So i easyly made a second worker:D

Top Bottom