Illogical HoF

Mustakrakish

In 'Node' We Trust
I'm kinda buffled here...

First contact victory: Vostok difficulty, turn 262 = 2111 score
Second contact victory: Soyuz difficulty, turn 188 = 1500 score

Spoiler :

So when you win faster, harder, stronger... You get less?

:think:

Your score is (primarily ?) based on the ingame score of your colony. Longer games and Domination victories usually lead to higher scores than more focused, streamlined, shorter games on higher difficulties.

The "official" scoring system in the franchise has always rewarded those who "milk" things with exception of victories in the BC era.

In addition though, Civ V abolished the difficulty level modifier that was seen in all previous franchises which had given a percentage bonus for every level above Prince and a percentage penalty for every level below it, which appear to have been retained by BE.

So, yes, the HOF score has no bearing on how good you played.

In the end the "score" only matters when you reach the time victory, i.e. never unless you disable all other victory conditions.

It's just an arbitrary collection of evaluations in several areas of development (pop, land, wonders, tech, culture, etc).

It stands to reason that at the final turn the one who scored more points overall will deserve to win, but that has no bearing on other victory conditions which often requires a specialized path.

Score system has to be dramatically overhauled in my opinion - at least for the Hall of Fame. I vaguely remember that higher difficulty settings in SMAC gave a better score than lower difficulties.

For the Hall of Fame, there should be a modifier depending on the level you play - the harder the setting, the higher the score. There should also be a massive bonus for early victory - the earlier the better. The score should reflect efficient play.

Score system has to be dramatically overhauled in my opinion - at least for the Hall of Fame. I vaguely remember that higher difficulty settings in SMAC gave a better score than lower difficulties.

For the Hall of Fame, there should be a modifier depending on the level you play - the harder the setting, the higher the score. There should also be a massive bonus for early victory - the earlier the better. The score should reflect efficient play.

Civ I - IV and SMAC all multiplied final hof score by a difficulty level factor.
Removed for an unknown reason in Civ V, which BE basically uses.

The is actually already a linear bonus for winning early based on turns remaining, which has been in all previous civ games as well. But the thing is after after turn 60 or so (standard speed) you are going to on average generate more points than the bonus decreases.
The highest possible score will be duel maps with only 2 factions on Marathon speed (ultra early conquest victories.)

That's new to me. I guess I never noticed it in Civ5, as I always played modded and so no HoF.

So even HoF is pointless and of no joy. So steam achievements are the only reward/motivation to finish a game now... not as if there were a lot of reasons to begin with, no satisfying ending, HoF useless, meh.

I never see a HoF in my games. It is stuck on an unfinished game showing the score of 0 and never adds to it even if I have finished several games. I never investigated why this was

Top Bottom