I'm Taking for requests for models.

Hi ghost toast. You're doing great work! Your timing is perfect. I'm working on a big mod right now and have a couple of requests. I need two improvements. The first one is a Lamassu. I'm thinking a pair of statues would do as an improvement. They can be colored as sand or stone. Either is fine.
The second improvement I need is a Hafir or desert reservoir. I'm currently using the oasis model. Hafirs don't appear to have much vegetation around them and they are supposed to have a berm made of mud or sand around them. If you could put something together I would most appreciate it.

Spoiler Lamassu :

Hafir is made
i reskinned the oasis

20221015141928_1.jpg

Attachments

• Hafir.zip
    89.7 KB · Views: 19
Hi ghost toast. You're doing great work! Your timing is perfect. I'm working on a big mod right now and have a couple of requests. I need two improvements. The first one is a Lamassu. I'm thinking a pair of statues would do as an improvement. They can be colored as sand or stone. Either is fine.
The second improvement I need is a Hafir or desert reservoir. I'm currently using the oasis model. Hafirs don't appear to have much vegetation around them and they are supposed to have a berm made of mud or sand around them. If you could put something together I would most appreciate it.

Spoiler Lamassu :

lamassu finished but i dont have time to test it.
if you can test it a take a pic for me so we can see how it turned out.
unless i find time before you see this, then ill do it.

Attachments

• lamassu.7z
    8.3 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Outstanding! Thank you!
The textures might not be that good.
I didn't get a chance to get a look at them yet. I made them in paint.net but I didn't check how it looked in blender or the game.

The textures might not be that good.
I didn't get a chance to get a look at them yet. I made them in paint.net but I didn't check how it looked in blender or the game.
Here are all 4 versions. Textures are fine when scrolled back. I'm happy with them. I'm actually very impressed that you created these from scratch. The 5th image is what they look like looking straight on. I had to move them to the edge of the screen to get those other four images. Would it be possible to position them at a 45 degree angle?
Lamassu_1.JPG
Lamassu_2.JPG
Lamassu_3.JPG
Lamassu_4.JPG
Lamassu_5.JPG

Here are all 4 versions. Textures are fine when scrolled back. I'm happy with them. I'm actually very impressed that you created these from scratch. The 5th image is what they look like looking straight on. I had to move them to the edge of the screen to get those other four images. Would it be possible to position them at a 45 degree angle?
View attachment 641903View attachment 641904View attachment 641905View attachment 641906View attachment 641907

Ya I can repostition them. When I get a chance

Also I can't take credit for all the work.
The statue were originally a stl file for 3d printing.
I threw it in blender removes it's material and did it's uv layout for the statue disign.

I pretty much only colored it and made it game ready

Ya I can repostition them. When I get a chance

Also I can't take credit for all the work.
The statue were originally a stl file for 3d printing.
I threw it in blender removes it's material and did it's uv layout for the statue disign.

I pretty much only colored it and made it game ready
Looking forward to the final product.

I need to take the time to learn how to use blender. My mind's been bursting with ideas. If I knew how to use it I would be out of control.

here is the rotated lamassu statues.

i did left and right.
the gr2 files do not have a texture assigned.
open the gr2 model in nexus buddy
add a material - building shader
assign that material to the mesh

on the right side when the material building shader is selected you will see a diffuse column that is for the base dds teture file.
you can manually type in the name or hit the 3 dots to select the dds texture file.
i provided 4 textures to choose from or you can make your own texture.

above that is a buildingsref section.
type in "black_sref.dds" -- (with out the quotes)

if you do not assign a material to a mesh it crashes the game you must at least assign it a material.

this works for every improvement so you can make a new texture for anything and then use nexus buddy to assign the texture to the gr2.

for civ 5 the gr2 stores the dds information the fxsxml list them but that is basically just for the sake of listing what texture it uses it so you don't have to open the model to see what the texture file is.

Attachments

• lamassu_L_and_R.zip
    17.8 MB · Views: 19
Looking forward to the final product.

I need to take the time to learn how to use blender. My mind's been bursting with ideas. If I knew how to use it I would be out of control.
model is above forgot to quote or reply so you can get the notification

model is above forgot to quote or reply so you can get the notification
Thanks again Ghost Toast. You've been a great help. Quick question, I know you don't really do unit models, but would it be possible to use a cloud from the fog of war and convert it into a unit? My idea is to have a roaming cloud or storm that causes random destruction.

well i dont know anything about the fog of war clod effect but civ has another cloud effect I'm familiar with, and i can use that one easily.

i cant make new unit models but reskinning and adding effects is my specialty.
i work wonders with an fx trigger.

so im guessing you dont want to be able to see the unit? you want it to be a cloud?.

it is a constant effect that will always be playing as long as you can see the unit. but note that civ can play about 120 constant effects at a time on units.
so if you plan on using tons of units that really on effects like that some will start to go on and off for various periods as they all fight to be the 1 of the 120 played.

a few couds here and there no problem just dont go cloud crazy or the clouds might disappear from time to time.

well i dont know anything about the fog of war clod effect but civ has another cloud effect I'm familiar with, and i can use that one easily.

i cant make new unit models but reskinning and adding effects is my specialty.
i work wonders with an fx trigger.

so im guessing you dont want to be able to see the unit? you want it to be a cloud?.

it is a constant effect that will always be playing as long as you can see the unit. but note that civ can play about 120 constant effects at a time on units.
so if you plan on using tons of units that really on effects like that some will start to go on and off for various periods as they all fight to be the 1 of the 120 played.

a few couds here and there no problem just dont go cloud crazy or the clouds might disappear from time to time.
Just a crazy idea I have had. Not sure how practical it is. Not realistic if other units could fight back. I have already experimented with this idea using extremely OP fantasy units to represent natural disasters. I made them invisible until they were one tile from any unit. Then they would commit suicide after attacking so that other units can't fight back. Civ IV Caveman to Cosmos actually has a storm cloud that moves around the map. My idea is to do something similar.

20221023232204_1.jpg

that's what the cloud would cool like. i just threw the effect over my ghost pirate ship effect changing it to a cloud.
i can put it on a unit and make the z offset higher so it floats. the ship i wouldn't use its to large id probably go with a bird for the actual cloud unit.

if so it may end up requiring my more effects mod. that's if it ends up requiring a new scale rotation or offset ill have to re-add it as a new effect with those changes
ill add the effect to my mod and update it so it can be used with your unit.

ill see what i can do about coming up with lightning attack. i know i can make it do a gust of wind looking attack.

my more effects mod has some cool stuff in it. i just started it ill be posting more and more as its relevant to people needs.
i already added some blue laser and more.
brand new psb effects for civ 5 and some reskins of existing effects.
blue laser.jpg

View attachment 642562

that's what the cloud would cool like. i just threw the effect over my ghost pirate ship effect changing it to a cloud.
i can put it on a unit and make the z offset higher so it floats. the ship i wouldn't use its to large id probably go with a bird for the actual cloud unit.

if so it may end up requiring my more effects mod. that's if it ends up requiring a new scale rotation or offset ill have to re-add it as a new effect with those changes
ill add the effect to my mod and update it so it can be used with your unit.

ill see what i can do about coming up with lightning attack. i know i can make it do a gust of wind looking attack.
Ghost ship is kind of creepy. I'm thinking Bermuda Triangle. A bird is an excellent idea. Can do a flock.

Just a crazy idea I have had. Not sure how practical it is. Not realistic if other units could fight back. I have already experimented with this idea using extremely OP fantasy units to represent natural disasters. I made them invisible until they were one tile from any unit. Then they would commit suicide after attacking so that other units can't fight back. Civ IV Caveman to Cosmos actually has a storm cloud that moves around the map. My idea is to do something similar.
i really like the natural disaster suicide idea

Ghost ship is kind of creepy. I'm thinking Bermuda Triangle.
the actual ghost ship effect is a green glow with a slight mist or i might adjust the clouds for it, looking at it now.
the clouds came in very thick but i can be changed to also be a lot more faded

the actual ghost ship effect is a green glow with a slight mist or i might adjust the clouds for it, looking at it now.
the clouds came in very thick but i can be changed to also be a lot more faded
There is an Eagle unit on available on Civfanatics. Shrink that down and make it into a flock. Then attach the cloud to it. That would be perfect.

funny you mention the eagle thats the unit i was thinking of using.

1 thing though it might have to be soundless.
i dont know what sounds clouds makes lol, and civ doesn't have any lightning sound effects.
i might be able to come up with some wind and lightning sound effects and add them in. ive never added sound effects but i have a few things to reference that do add new sound effects like the wildlife reborn mod where i can also grab the eagle.

When I was experimenting I shrank the eagle down extremely small and made it into an insect swarm for kicks. I should post that mod. I called it Nature's Wrath. It's mostly done, just needs some polishing. It's pretty insane, giant monsters spawning every where. I crack up when every I test it out. Giant dwarves represent earthquakes, giant Nagas spawn on the coasts as tidal waves. Zombies spawn as plagues, etc.

Top Bottom