Images Question

JPetroski

Deity
SLeague Staff
Does anyone else get this issue with their .bmp? I've noticed this for the images in the larger improvements icons, and now I'm also noticing it while adding it into text events. Any idea what is causing this or how to address it? It's quite annoying and happens "more" but not exclusively with grayscale images. Is there any known fix?

Thank you,

upload_2021-6-20_23-6-31.png

In Civ 3 this result would be caused by transparency issues and a cure could be to replace the white that becomes transparent in your image by a white that is still be shown in your screenshot. On the other side the bmp images should have 16 mio colours. :think: JPetroski, could you please post that bmp image, so I can do a test.

Hi civinator, thanks for the help! Here is one of the images in question. Hopefully it's something stupid and easy to fix because it's giving me fits! I've never been much of an artist!

Attachments

• Mussolini.bmp
    107.9 KB · Views: 35
The single pixel at the extreme top left of a .bmp image is generally interpreted as defining another transparent color. Change this one pixel to a unique color (not used elsewhere in the image) and hopefully that will fix the issue.

The single pixel at the extreme top left of a .bmp image is generally interpreted as defining another transparent color. Change this one pixel to a unique color (not used elsewhere in the image) and hopefully that will fix the issue.

Yep. It's the same deal for most of the ToT graphics like Icons, People, etc.

This worked brilliantly - awesome!!! I'm so happy it was something simple and stupid! Thanks so much!

I´m glad that it is solved and therefore no more test is needed. :)

Top Bottom