• Washington

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Willem

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Zara Yaqob

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So who actually uses huts here?? Are these saves actually used??

What do people most want from this series?? Saves to challenge? Fun saves?? Or just normally rolled interesting saves? Hopefully a game where we can mix things up strategy wise to win.

My main gameplay is immortal level so hopefully saves below Immortal should give players a fun game. I am no expert on deity maps but that should still leave the best players a chance to shine.

So who actually uses huts here?? Are these saves actually used??

What do people most want from this series?? Saves to challenge? Fun saves?? Or just normally rolled interesting saves? Hopefully a game where we can mix things up strategy wise to win.

My main gameplay is immortal level so hopefully saves below Immortal should give players a fun game. I am no expert on deity maps but that should still leave the best players a chance to shine.

Back when I hosted a few IUs, I didn't worry much about what people wanted, I just posted maps that I had found that I thought were entertaining and playable. I never edited anything, and occasionly I did post maps completely blind without checking a damn thing. :lol: That was perhaps a little irresponsible in retrospect, because perhaps the greatest annoyance of civ is the fact that many random maps are horribly broken in a stupid and altogether not-fun sort of way. The usefulness of somebody posting maps for everybody to play largely stems from having faith in the poster to pick a playable map so that you can start the game properly without thinking "No point in playing seriously here, since I'll probably be surrounded by jungle/ocean/desert and have to generate another map anyway".

No need to over-think it really, just give people a savegame and they will surprise you by how varied the results are.

I ran through about 30-40 different maps yesterday and just thought no!!! Some days are just like that.

Maybe you are just too picky! At least one of every three maps should be totally playable and fun. ;)

Well I normally just roll pangea maps. A lot of the other map scripts have a lot of land. I will look into this more. SGOTM takes up a lot of my time.

I may have found an interesting map. I will need to play test to see if it is winnable.

I had a map but I have not play tested it. Then the Mongol Noble game came out. it's just a standard rolled map.

The Noble club game has not beem played much either. SGOTM and real life if moving people away from here.

Real life! Oh noes! Surely there must be an alternative? Real life can only be considered as the very last resort. :p

Seriously though, sounds like quitter talk to me. Besides, IU always attracted a different crowd to the Nobles Club, which tends towards the gentler maps which are not to everyone's taste.

I'll make a deal with you, Gumby (may I call you Gumby?). You fire up a new bullpen, as you suggested here:

Gumbolt said:
I could set up a new Bull pen thread.

and I'll post a map. How does that sound? :)

Yeah Gumby, a bullpen and a schedule is needed first, maps won't be a problem after that.

NC runs every second Friday, IU should run Fridays in between, so either start in 2 days or in 2 weeks.

Top Bottom