Importing saves into world builder

Smauler

Chieftain
I may be missing something obvious, but I can't seem to figure out how to load Civilization saved games into the world builder. I've created maps, and am able to play them in the game. However, I want to be able to edit saved games... is this possible?

I don't care if people think I'm a cheater... all I really want is to make the AI not settle in quite so stupid positions.

Any help appreciated... I'm just hoping I don't need Modbuddy, since that requires something that needs service pack 1, which for some reason borks my PC.

Little bump because I've had a few views, and no one has answered. Can anyone tell me how they open saved games in the World Builder, at least, to see if I'm missing something obvious....?

There's a program in SDK (FireTuner) that allows you to edit games while Civ 5 is open.

It's not as flexible as Civ 4's World Builder, from what I've seen.

Sorry I'm banging on about this... but _should_ I be able to open saves in the world builder? If so, how?

I may get round to learning about firetuner soon, but it looks a little anti-gui, and since all I want to do is change the positions of a few cities it's probably overkill.

I've been all over the forums and so far it doesnt look like you can make changes to the map terrain. You can add resources, units, improvements...all of that but so far nothing to the terrain as far as I can tell.

Top Bottom