In BTS multiplayer...

one2tieyourshoe

Warlord
Does it go "out of sync" a lot on people? My friend and I are trying to play and it will be out of sync. What's the matter? :confused:

And also: He and I can't direct connect. And we don't understand why...

Does it go "out of sync" a lot on people? My friend and I are trying to play and it will be out of sync. What's the matter? :confused:

And also: He and I can't direct connect. And we don't understand why...

To get back in sync one of you has to re-join the game. When playing in a group of 3 or larger, whoever has the different sync number has to re-join.

You're probably suffering from the infamous OOS error that Firaxis gave us with the 3.13 patch. Go to this thread:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=245933&page=4

Last thread on page 4 may have your solution. If it weren't for these guys, I would never have patched.

As for your direct connect problems... Check your firewall program. If not that, no idea ;)

Yes, surely some of you have a router going on. Try to bypass the router and check if it works then (firewall problem).
I'm curious, what speed and level of difficulty you play in?

You're probably suffering from the infamous OOS error that Firaxis gave us with the 3.13 patch. Go to this thread:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=245933&page=4

Last thread on page 4 may have your solution. If it weren't for these guys, I would never have patched.

As for your direct connect problems... Check your firewall program. If not that, no idea ;)

Hmmm I have Warlords still installed and he may not. Maybe that's our problem. :(

Yes, surely some of you have a router going on. Try to bypass the router and check if it works then (firewall problem).
I'm curious, what speed and level of difficulty you play in?

I bet it is the router. Damn you roommates! :mad:

And I usually play on Epic speed and at noble for multiplayer as we usually play as teams.

Yeah we were into LAN partying it up :goodjob: but then we modified our game with BUG :cool: , and now we have to direct connect. :p

Yeah we were into LAN partying it up :goodjob: but then we modified our game with BUG :cool: , and now we have to direct connect. :p

Well we can't do LAN as he's on the right coast and I'm on the left coast.

Are you sure you're IP'ing correctly? you might want to have the host go to www.whatismyip.com to find their IP. The IP he gives you might be his internal ip address (10.x.x.x).

If that doesn't work, it could be a port issue. See if you can find documentation for ports that the host needs to open in his router.

Good Lord - this has been a continual unfixed problem for MP since day one of Civ4 and on through the expansion packs to BtS.

It got a little better, but it's still a huge problem in MP

Top Bottom