in-game interface disappears during industrial era

Bryan711

Chieftain
in my mod, the in-game interface disappears once i hit the industrial era. first i cant scroll through the unit list in a city and then if i load a save that is in the industrial era, i get a blank technology advisor and the HUD doesn't show up. im pretty sure i didn't mess with anything dealing with those interfaces. and if i load an unmoded save that is in the industrial era, everything works fine. so which .XML file in my mod do i need to fix?

if someone could help, it would be much appreciated.

thanks,
Bryan

Sounds a lot like a Python problem. I can't think of a single XML problem that would cause this anyway.

i didn't mess with any of the pythons. i was even checking around in the XMLs and didn't see aything that would make it act this way.

when i click on a city to make units. i can't even click on the unit buttons.

after further messing around with the mod. i may have found something out.

i was doing advance starts with my moded civ and other civs. it only freaks out when i use my moded civ in industrial and modern. so it may have something to do with that last few flavor units i stuck in there since i tryed my mod yesterday and it worked fine. but today was the first time i tried it after sticking a couple more flavor units in. i guess i will poke around some more and see what kind of results i get...:wallbash:

i found out what it was!

for some reason, the chariot flavor unit was causing all of the issues. idk why though. one, because it is just a flavor unit and two, the chariot worked fine during the rest of the eras. but once i removed the chariot from my unitstyle XML, i was able to finish the game and all went well.

Grats, normally issues with erroneous unit gfx will cause the DLL to crash to desktop - in your case it seems to 'only' have tripwired the Python code. ;)

Top Bottom