IndieCiv Updates

For resources could you actually see a good use for a tile to have multiple resources?
Multiple resources? Yes, shouldn't be too hard to code, you can have a general limit of resources for tiles under a General options/settings heading.
Jimmyh said:
The options available can be easily added based on what's in the XML, so they won't be hard coded :)
How would this work if you've opened the .xml file with NotePad and you also have the GUI editor open?
Jimmyh said:
Yes units will be included as well.
Another tabs should be for items.
Jimmyh said:
So are you saying there should be more options in the xml files or that every thing should be editable using the gui?
The xml files nearly limitless, a good portion of it editable in GUI. But not everything.
Jimmyh said:
What we need is an ideas thread to build up what everyone wants, fancy doing it?
Sure, I'll just shut out anyone who doesn't post what I'd post and then make up, I mean, relay the info to you.

Updated the first post.

Multiple resources? Yes, shouldn't be too hard to code, you can have a general limit of resources for tiles under a General options/settings heading.

I'll stick to one resource for now until I get that working.

How would this work if you've opened the .xml file with NotePad and you also have the GUI editor open?

I could probably detect that the files have changed, then the user could load them back in. But should people be really editing files whilst having them open in the editor, that's just asking for trouble.

Sure, I'll just shut out anyone who doesn't post what I'd post and then make up, I mean, relay the info to you.

Get to it then :p

I could probably detect that the files have changed, then the user could load them back in. But should people be really editing files whilst having them open in the editor, that's just asking for trouble.
What about incorporating an .xml viewer so we can edit things our own way and have it be integrated as part of the editor?

Top Bottom