Indrustial revolution

Paavontinus

Chieftain
Hi all! :)

This is my first post in this forum. I haven't played this mod much but I think it's great :cool:.
Still I think there are a few things to improve.

I think the industrial revolution should be represented better. Now there are some tech and buildings for that (lumber mill, workshop etc...) but factories come very late to the game and produce only production.

Industrial revolution started in the beginning of 19th century and I don't think that world should have invented assembly line then. But I don't know about history much so could you correct me if I'm wrong.

I think that factories should come earlier with some tech like steam power or steel or with something like that so there could be some kind of industry in cities before assembly line. And coal plants should come later with electricity or industrialism.

But even more complex system would be fun. Perhaps even something like different factories in cities that produce also happines, research and money. But that is just my fantasy and won't probably even work :rolleyes:.

Still, I think some industrial revolution system would bring much fun to the late game.

These are just my humble ideas and I thank if someone bothered to read them and I hope that someone could give me some feedback.

Thanks in advance.

I think a workhouse building that has similiar (but smaller) affects to factories and perhaps provides extra cash for owning resources like cotton, silk etc would be really good. It would come before factories and perhaps provide unhealthiness or unhappiness as a balancer.

One could always delay the appearence of the forge (bjut not Mali's Mint) until steam power...

Cheers, Luke

Good points. I always thougth that forge is a bit too powerfull for early game but I think delaying it for all exept mali isn't the best option.

And some kind of building outside of cities that would provide cash and maybe hammers would be good. Still, I think that the game needs something for cities that provide something else than just production.
After all, the industrial revolution made many countries' economy much stronger not just their production power.

Thanks for posts :)

i think once you reach the Indrustial revolution era, there should be exta hammers for every city.

a desert city with a factory still only produces 1 hammer per turn.

i think once you reach the Indrustial revolution era, there should be exta hammers for every city.

a desert city with a factory still only produces 1 hammer per turn.

Not true--you can always hire some workers, engineers and even priests to work in those factories and forges.:lol:

Well, what can a desert city do with a factory? No raw material to produce stuff with.

I always felt that the IR was represented by the introduction and improvement of hammer producing tile improvements such as lumbermills, workshops, and watermills.

I find industrial era in the game extremely boring. Every time I reach it, I just lose nearly all interest in the game. It's maybe just me but that era doesn't really provide anything new.
I mean that early game is fun because all the building and exploring your continent and laying the base for your empire. Later comes foundig of new continents but indutrial era doesn't have anything else but more teches that provide more hammers.
That is why it needs something refreshing, like industrial revolution where you can really see the dramatic change in your country.
Maybe its just me who thinks this way :sad:.

I actually feel the same way. I nearly always can't get myself to play any further than the 18th century if even that far, solely because the game is pretty much already played through by that point.

I find industrial era in the game extremely boring. Every time I reach it, I just lose nearly all interest in the game. It's maybe just me but that era doesn't really provide anything new.
I mean that early game is fun because all the building and exploring your continent and laying the base for your empire. Later comes foundig of new continents but indutrial era doesn't have anything else but more teches that provide more hammers.
That is why it needs something refreshing, like industrial revolution where you can really see the dramatic change in your country.
Maybe its just me who thinks this way :sad:.

Really??? I find the IR to be one of the better eras.

You can build an army within a few turns (unless its ihn a desert) and i find it quite funny when you have a stack of infanty attacking a city defended by a archer. :)

That's partly why IR is so boring. You should become much more powerfull but the computer should do that too. I don't like the idea of just steamrolling everybody.
I think there should be some sort of race to IR, something that would make it more interesting.

In my opinion the IR should have been some event chain that would randomly place factories in your cities. It could represent how capitalists builded factories in the era. Then the game would need many different factories for cities.
Something like that would make the Industrial era much more interesting. :)

I find the Industrial age one of the improvements of RFC. In the Vanilla game, I got bored and started a new one. In RFC I can continue my game because of the respawns, cultural conflicts, collapsing civs, etc. It's still not my favourite era, although it's better than it was in BtS.

Maybe factories could change depending on your civics.

eg. state property factory: +2 angry, +1 sick and +50% production.

Maybe factories could change depending on your civics.

eg. state property factory: +2 angry, +1 sick and +50% production.

In fact it should be the opposite: state property + 2 happy but -25% production while free market +2 angry + 25% production--no need to work as hard if you're paid the same, right? and who wants to be a factory worker in advanced first world countries nowadays?:lol:

In fact it should be the opposite: state property + 2 happy but -25% production --no need to work as hard if you're paid the same, right?

Communist factories were very productive and many people lived in fear of not reaching the quotas set by the state.

That's more a part of police state, not state property, too bad these two "civics" go together in RL countries. How about making state property give :) with productive resources, such as uranium, coal, copper: "We are happy our production is increasing" and give no :) with luxury resources such as dye, ivory, wine: "We need not luxuries in our lives".

Top Bottom