Industrialization

Then go for some other wonder (what do you want us to say:lol: :confused: )
There are only three wonders in Industrial age and I built one the other I don't need.
I was just saying what if.
Rephrase my question: What other power plant should I build instead of Hoover Dam? I've been using Hoover Dam for a long time.

Coal Plants.

Afterwards, Nuclear Plants.

If you don't have water for hydro or nuclear plants and you don't want the pollution from coal plants, try solar plants when they become available. :)

Question. I know the hydro plants produced by Hoover do nothing if there is no factory, what about no water source?
If that's the case then can you sell them off?

Question. I know the hydro plants produced by Hoover do nothing if there is no factory, what about no water source?
If that's the case then can you sell them off?

First, I believe the hydro plants produced in cities without water do work...if you have a factory. You just can't hand-build a hydro plant in a waterless city.

Secondly, you cannot sell those plants...just as you cannot sell the temples produced by the Temple of Artemis.

D0MINATRIX said:
They don't produce shields if there's no factory?

The cities will still produce shields, but it takes a multiplier building (factory) to increase the number of shields produced. Factories are powered by, well, power plants...whether they be coal, hydro, solar or nuclear.

If you don't have water for hydro or nuclear plants and you don't want the pollution from coal plants, try solar plants when they become available.
;) It's just a generality. I usually build nuclear plants in every city that can have one. I will also build cities on rivers or lakes wherever possible.

The governor manage city happiness and a nuclear plant make for super-productivity for almost no risk.

It seems to me you'd only want to pay maintenance on a nuclear plant (or any other power plant) in a productive city, and I'd never let the governor touch my productive cities if I want maximum production. You get enough warning of unhappy citizens from both MapStat and/or CivAssist2.

the only time where you'll have problems is if you screw up with a war, usually. Losing a couple of cities or get your luxuries cut off and a nuke plant will be at risk.

At that point you should sell it, since you have to rebuild it after the meltdown anyway.

Top Bottom