1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Infiltration by Rogue

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by DC0, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

You aren't using them to raze effectively then. They are easily profitable if used for that and killing really vulnerable stuff they can get at (when they do they steal gold and research and of course get XP that can expand their fighting capabilities to really terrifying levels if you're careful with them enough until they reach that point.)

I think the only problem here is that DH has never realized they are black operatives of the state.

2. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Chieftain

Black Ops people are not criminals they are Patriots. They are the people who raze and pillage other countries to bring back great wealth to your country or they are people who defend your way of life by causing mischief in foreign lands (eg The Scarlet Pimpernel). Criminals are those people who diminish your nations wealth and causing mischief in your lands. A criminal escaping from your lands to a safe country will bring wealth to that country but most don't even leave the city they grew up in.

3. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Patriots who are sometimes criminals if not working for the government naturally, and once working for the government in such a capacity are indistinguishable from the common criminal, quite on purpose I might add.
    Sure, if they don't work for your government but are either completely independent of authority (barbarian criminals) which many are, or are working for a hostile government. Thus why you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. And you can have a situation where your law enforcement arrests someone only to find out they work for your government and they need to release them. This is not an uncommon scenario actually. You also have most black ops being recruited by having BEEN arrested as the skilled criminal they are.

DC0 likes this.
  4. Trantor

Trantor Chieftain

crime is causing AI to fall as once u put a few criminal into a city, crime increases and the city itself starts to swan criminals locally. that is true in real life also. but then the host country reacts by deploying more troops and crime fighting units to the city in which the AI is little weak esp in island maps. maybe we want a polic ship to augment the coast guards

5. DC0

DC0 Chieftain

So, what's the final decision of mod team? Will criminals get back their ability to get espionage points by Infiltration?

6. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

They shouldn't have lost it so we'll have to see why they did.

7. Galadrion

Galadrion Chieftain

Can confirm that, as of this morning, assassins still have the ability. Can also conduct "trade" missions (which, in the case of criminal units, I've always assumed actually meant pulling off a heist).

8. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

More a black market trade. Thefts and heists are future works to be added though for now you can see it that way.

9. DC0

DC0 Chieftain

Is it
    Code:
    <bBlendIntoCity>1</bBlendIntoCity>
    which is Infiltration?

Since Criminals have
    Code:
    <UnitAI>
                        <UnitAIType>UNITAI_SPY</UnitAIType>
                        <bUnitAI>1</bUnitAI>
    </UnitAI>
    may it be that my Criminals can't Infiltrate because Ambusher has
    Code:
    <bCounterSpy>1</bCounterSpy>
    and there are Ambushers in target city I'm trying to infiltrate?

10. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

No. This is the rogue ability to move into cities of any player without battle even during war.

Can only control what they would do and what they were built for by the AI. I'm not 100% sure this is completely safe to use this setting either but we're not getting crashes from it I don't think.
    No, this makes Ambushers, and other units with this boolean, count towards catching a spy, making it a bit harder for spies. Strike teams have this because they can be sent to hide out on critical resources to potentially offer some surprising defense against spy actions there.

11. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I reviewed the code on this and the thing I find most suspect is a little-known rule that the unit MUST be invisible entirely to the owner of the city to be able to perform the mission. Any suggestions as to where that rule should be mentioned? I'd be willing to bank on this being what is conditionally causing some to be able to perform the infiltration and others to not be able to. Being visible in a city alone is not cause enough for the local authorities to arrest you because they don't have enough proof of your activities to do so but they do have enough suspicion to be watching you closely and under that scrutiny, you're unable to perform this mission.