1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Infinite Gold Exploit

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Shumpitostick, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Shumpitostick

Shumpitostick Chieftain

If you've thought the horsemen, overflow, and diplomacy exploits were fine, I think this one beats them all.
    All you need to do is:
    - Be able to create armies
    - Have a city with an encampment
    - Have enough gold to buy any army
    Then you simply buy an army (preferably of the most expensive unit), immediately disband it and repeat. For some reason you can get more gold from selling armies than selling the individual units, so selling an army provides 50% more gold than it costs.
    This is bad...

2. esoba

esoba Warlord

Wow. I'm going to try this to see, but this seems like a pretty simple oversight. How did testers not catch this stuff?

3. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

4. Xyriach

Xyriach Chieftain

Completely justified due to the additional training needed for the army to work together....tell no-one....

5. Zuizgond

Zuizgond Prince

Disbanding units for gold is a real issue. You get too much gold for it. For example it's more efficient to disband a 1-charge builder and use the money to buy a new one with 3 charges (or more if you have the policy) than using that last charge.

It's too easy to convert production into gold this way. Conversion percentage should be reduced significantly (far less than half of the production cost).

Chinese American likes this.
  6. oakdragon

oakdragon Stagnating amongst the Siliconians Supporter

Personally, I don't see why you should get anything at all for disbanding a unit. Freeing up maintenance costs and avoiding managing another unit seem like reason enough; otherwise, what's the point?

7. skyclad

skyclad Prince

Who thought it was remotely balanced that you can disband a unit hundreds of miles from your bordet with 2 HP left and get full return.
    It should be 50% back for full HP/charge unit within your borders. Reduktion towards 0% for damaged units or with charges used.

8. Sansa_Stark

Sansa_Stark Prince

Exactly. When you disband unit you save on maintanance, and that should be it.

Zuizgond likes this.
  9. Zuizgond

Zuizgond Prince

Yes fully agree.

10. Roald Amundsen

Roald Amundsen Warlord

There were no testers. Firaxis use their consumers for this kind of work. :)

11. IronfighterXXX

IronfighterXXX Work Hard - Play Hard

It is getting worse and worse :sad:

And yet some people persist nothing is wrong with this release (because there is some kind of 'buggy game on release' legacy)

Zuizgond, skyclad and Roald Amundsen like this.
  12. esoba

esoba Warlord

Its sad that I have to actively avoid not cheating doing these things because I want as pure of a playing experience as usual.

skyclad likes this.
  13. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

When I disband a zealot of any flavour I always get more pleasure than gold.

Does one expect to send a scout about and then have them pay you for their execution? Nay I say.

14. Zuizgond

Zuizgond Prince

What happened to the time where games were released in a finished state?

- "Here is your new car, sir."
    - "Thanks but it's missing a door!"
    - "We'll add the missing door in a month or two. But in the meantime it's still drivable, sir."

idjit likes this.
  15. King Jason

King Jason Fleece-bearer

How do you have to actively avoid building armies and deleting them on repeat to get more gold - or running the horse gold exploit, or practically any other exploit?

Apart from deleting a unit before it's about to die anyway and the wonkiness of worker Chops - Most of them you have to go out of your way to do them.

Amrunril likes this.
  16. Kwami

Kwami Emperor

There's quite a wide gap before "nothing wrong' and "OMG WORST RELEASE EVER THIS GAME SUCKS". I think you'll find that the vast majority of posters here are in that gap.

17. ComradeKroo

ComradeKroo Chieftain

Selling price is the biggest game breaking mechanic in Civ 6 right now. We get 2 gold per 1 production cost of single units, more multiplier when disbanded units are corps and armies.
    The trick of rush buy and sell Armies is most ridiculous trick right now.

18. Iron Angel

Iron Angel Classified

I absolutely agree with this. The lower maintenance cost should definitely be enough if you decide that you do not want that unit.

Are you sure you aren't confusing "nothing is wrong" with "it is still a lot of fun to play it"?
    There is a lot of stuff wrong, bug wise and interface. But you can still have a "good time" playing it.

The developer also needs to realize that you can't "Go dark", right after a big release. Give us a "We are aware of these issues and working our butts off to fix them ASAP" message. There is a "News" function on Steam, why not make use of all you get when deciding to release on a specific platform?

Amrunril likes this.
  19. IronfighterXXX

IronfighterXXX Work Hard - Play Hard

True, but people have the right to expect more finished game on release than now.

idjit likes this.
  20. Trias

Trias Donkey with three behinds

The internet.