Inflation?

PLTORR

Chieftain
I've seen a BtS screenshot where inflation will go down 40% if you choose to build a Federal Reserve during a Random Event. Does anyone know how inflation will be used in the game?

Inflation already exists in the game as an expense, it goes up as time goes along. This random event seems to reduce it for a number of turns so what it does it save you some money for some turns.

It'd be nice if Inflation was a visible thing that you could alter with civics and buildings.

The solution is right in the events. You should be able to build the Federal Reserve (or the National Bank) as a national wonder.

No, see micromanagement = fun for a lot of people

no, see, introduction of micromanagment for the sole purpose of solving a problem that doesnt exist is silly. you want micromanagment for one, one very minor, minor part of the game.

i suppose you liked civ III pollution?

"micromanagement = fun"

Maybe you can think of another way of expressing whatever you are trying to express. I see you saying this in a lot of threads, and I am not sure how many people understand what you mean.

Haha... this thread argument is just like the argument economists have over inflation/money supply-- to micromanage or not to micromanage (read: hands off), that is the question.

I loved seeing that event, but of course, I am a nerdy banker.

Haha no offense civzombie, but if you can't understand what I mean by "micromanagement = fun for a lot of people," then perhaps you need to return to basic math.

What about tieing Inflation to the amount of gold on hand and when you decided to open borders/trade with a forgien nation the inflation rates for you and who ever you are tradeing are avraged based on the total money in hand of both you and your trade partners. (would be better then the infinite crush condition that the game is modeled after.)

Haha no offense civzombie, but if you can't understand what I mean by "micromanagement = fun for a lot of people," then perhaps you need to return to basic math.

I think the problem is, most of us (including me) struggle to see what earth might be fun about micromanagement. :) I don't particularly enjoy spending half an hour each turn checking whether or not all my citizens etc. are optimally allocated. I'm more of a visionary myself, I'll leave the micromanaging to my servants. :king:

Bonafide11:
micromanagement = fun

Micromanagement should only slightly improve the benefits offered by a mechanism.

That way people who like micromanaging have the opportunity to improve the efficiency of their civ while people who don't like micromanaging can remain competitive.

I think the problem is, most of us (including me) struggle to see what earth might be fun about micromanagement. :) I don't particularly enjoy spending half an hour each turn checking whether or not all my citizens etc. are optimally allocated. I'm more of a visionary myself, I'll leave the micromanaging to my servants. :king:

M problem wth CIV is that I want to have more control over internal politics and I find the civic system is a bit superficial.
I want to persecute a particular religion and leave all others in peace, I want to increase taxes at the cost of happines when I am suddenly in need of money, I want an education slider to turn money into great people...

I agree that micromanagement should be optional. I like how in Civ IV Firaxis makes it easy for someone to pick up and start playing without knowing all the minor details, but at the same time, the game is complicated enough that if someone wants to micromanage every single little detail to provide some (minor) benefits, they can. Either way, I don't see anything wrong with creating more micromanagement opportunities for people, like myself, who enjoy micromanaging.

By the way, I don't know why people continue quoting "Micromanagement = fun" and deleting the "for a lot of people" part. I wasn't claiming micromanagement is universally fun, but some people enjoy it.

i always thought inflation was pointless in civ4 as you could not do anything logical to alter it, i would welcome a change to this.

Top Bottom