Ingame Editor

So those ones have been broke up too ?
Pfffffft !

those been broken for a long time. i accidently declared friendships with the barbarians...they hated that so much the game froze. This was versions ago. Learned not to do that again...

@Ja_Lamb
Thank you very much! Merry Christmas to you and all of the people around here. :xmassign: :xmascheers:

@Trystero
I had a good laugh picturing that in my mind. :snowgrin:

@Mars83
I trust you on that matter since you probably have more experience with civ5 and IGE than I do. Yet, when I designed those features none of them caused a CTD.

Awesome utility! but i want to change some game settings without start a new game, for example i want to add promotion saving, is this possible? maybe a hex editor can edit the save game?

Awesome utility! but i want to change some game settings without start a new game, for example i want to add promotion saving?

you can do that before you start the game. when you select the civ you want to play look for "Advance Setup"
Look at the images below.

Attachments

• 2012-12-24_00001.jpg
    2012-12-24_00001.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 122
  • 2012-12-24_00002.jpg
    2012-12-24_00002.jpg
    307.3 KB · Views: 163
Yeah, changing the game rules during a game was something I long considered as "won't work anyway" and it is only recently that I tested it and realized that civ5 is actually perfectly fine with this. Unfortunately I no longer have the time to add new features to IGE for now but if I were to add some in the future, this one would probably be atop of the list.

PS: Sorry if I am hard to understand but those last twenty four hours have been really delightable for our senses, with far too many good wines for any honest man. :rudolf:

I´m abble to load the mod, but once i am in the game the button does not shows up... I tried to edit the IGE_Window, changing the offset to 380,6 but still does not work. Wich value do I have to use?

My resolution is 1280 x 800

@allewar
I suspect that IGE was not loaded. Try to hit Ctrl + i. If IGE does not open, then it has not been loaded.
Why does it happen ?
* You made a mistake in the mods screen or after.
* You enabled many mods, some of which modify savegames, and tried to load a savegame created without those. Civ5 then disabled all mods.
* Other problem on your end.

@MisterBoomBoom
Sorry I do not remember. But if there is, it is in the players panel.

Is there a way to undo the linking of civ teams once a game is started with the editor?

This i can answer:

Don you told me many pages and versions ago.

Mister once you selected a team you can't backstab them. There is no function on doing that.

Thank you very much, Mars. :)
So, indeed, there was no function in the API for that.
I think you know IGE better than I do nowadays. ^^

Your welcome. :D
You created it and i remember the answers that i asked you pages ago.

This i can answer:

Don you told me many pages and versions ago.

Mister once you selected a team you can't backstab them. There is no function on doing that.

What I wanted to do in setting up two civs as a team (in single player mode) was the hope to actually make the moves for both civs. Not being able to do that I ALSO found that for some odd reason (after making a declaration of war with another civ and whilst in mid-battle) that I suddenly found myself at peace. Somehow my "partner"...I am assuming...made peace for me. Boom totally worthless mechanic got worse.

Don---thank you for the best (and most necessary) Mod ever btw! :hatsoff:

What I wanted to do in setting up two civs as a team (in single player mode) was the hope to actually make the moves for both civs. Not being able to do that I ALSO found that for some odd reason (after making a declaration of war with another civ and whilst in mid-battle) that I suddenly found myself at peace. Somehow my "partner"...I am assuming...made peace for me. Boom totally worthless mechanic got worse.

There is a mod for that. Its not IGE. It is... "Custom Advanced Setup Screen (and HotSeat with Mods)" Heres a link to that thread:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=458569

I used that mod alittle bit and it will work for what your looking for. It is also on steam as well.

Yeah so when using this, I (Don't ask me how) somehow enabled quick combat, which I didn't have when I started my map. How exactly/what did I press to enable it and how to I disable it?

Yeah so when using this, I (Don't ask me how) somehow enabled quick combat, which I didn't have when I started my map. How exactly/what did I press to enable it and how to I disable it?

2 places:
1. on the main menu click on options and it be there.
2. on the screen where you select the civ you want to play with click on "advance setup" and scroll near the bottom of the page you will see if its selected or not.

No! I was already in a game when this happened. I was placing down Ships of the Line and somehow I enabled quick combat. In case my first post wasn't clear.

I was not making a game but already IN A GAME when this happened!

Top Bottom