Ingame Editor

Hey, uh...
So I made a modification update for this mod, specifically around adding support for Vox Populi mod (otherwise known as Community Patch Project). But hopefully still compatible with other mods, since most changes have a mod check.

You can look for the whole changes here:

You can download it here:

All credit still go to DonQuiche who originally made the mod.

Just a heads-up, I updated IGE, now v 44.
As for v 43, you can read all change log here, it's all about tool tip:

Version 44 mostly around fixing some leftover bugs and EUI compatibility.

Even though I made and designed it for Vox Populi, I've tested it with only BNW, and still compatible. So don't worry about compatibility issues.

Just a heads-up, I updated IGE, now v 44.
As for v 43, you can read all change log here, it's all about tool tip:

Version 44 mostly around fixing some leftover bugs and EUI compatibility.

Even though I made and designed it for Vox Populi, I've tested it with only BNW, and still compatible. So don't worry about compatibility issues.
Hey there, thanks for updating this invaluable tool!

I stumbled upon your release while trying to find out why IGE might crash the game the moment I hit Ctrl+I.

I have a question, about installing IGE+, and a thingy.

Spoiler Did I install this right? :
I've just downloaded version 46, and am confuddled. All I get is a lonely 368kB "InGame Editor+ (v 46).Civ5mod" file. The old Ingame Editor folder (v39) I have weighs in at 3.92 megabyte.
I just copied the new file into the MODS folder and, in the Mods screen, deselected the old IGE and selected the new.
Is that correct, or should I be excising all or part of the old IGE?

The thingy. About game crashes relating to IGE and a workaround. Will replicate and collect logs if desired.
Spoiler Crashes and workaround :

Even after updating IGE, the game kept crashing, and I had to find a workaround.
That was to found a city, complete the first turn, and only then hit Ctrl+I (not seeing the button anywhere).
Using IGE for a mild little cheat at startup is obviously not very possible, this way.

I started a new game because the last game I started, Ashurbanipal of Assyria was the first leader I met, and any time I hit "Trade", the game crashed. I'm not much good at reading logs but, to my surprise, Info Addict kept cropping up even in logs from crashed produced afte I had disabled that.
A new game, sans Info Addict, IGE reveals all, I can select any leader and hit trade, no problems.
New new game, sans Info Addict, with your beautiful v49, sans Info Addit, and with manually selected competition - Ashurbanipal of Assyria was not among those whom I had earlier been able to open trade screens with, and I wasn't in the mood to see if it's a problem specific to him.
Game starts up, Ctrl+I (only to place a wee little river next to the tile I had picked for my capital...), but CRASH. Again, and again.
Until I worked out the above mentioned workaround.

I've just downloaded version 46, and am confuddled. All I get is a lonely 368kB "InGame Editor+ (v 46).Civ5mod" file. The old Ingame Editor folder (v39) I have weighs in at 3.92 megabyte.
I just copied the new file into the MODS folder and, in the Mods screen, deselected the old IGE and selected the new.
Is that correct, or should I be excising all or part of the old IGE?
The mod is compressed, so the size should match when extracted by the game.
Even after updating IGE, the game kept crashing, and I had to find a workaround.
That was to found a city, complete the first turn, and only then hit Ctrl+I (not seeing the button anywhere).
Using IGE for a mild little cheat at startup is obviously not very possible, this way.

I started a new game because the last game I started, Ashurbanipal of Assyria was the first leader I met, and any time I hit "Trade", the game crashed. I'm not much good at reading logs but, to my surprise, Info Addict kept cropping up even in logs from crashed produced afte I had disabled that.
A new game, sans Info Addict, IGE reveals all, I can select any leader and hit trade, no problems.
New new game, sans Info Addict, with your beautiful v49, sans Info Addit, and with manually selected competition - Ashurbanipal of Assyria was not among those whom I had earlier been able to open trade screens with, and I wasn't in the mood to see if it's a problem specific to him.
Game starts up, Ctrl+I (only to place a wee little river next to the tile I had picked for my capital...), but CRASH. Again, and again.
Until I worked out the above mentioned workaround.
Hmm... I never tested this one though so the code should be the same as the version v39.1. Can you list some of the mods you use? Also, please attach the log files after the game crashed. The mod is a bit heavier not gonna lie, so that's why I'm planning to add a caching method to this mod.

Top Bottom