Innovian Succesion Game #3

Link should be working now

Thanks, got it now.

I think we should send a unit to scope out Spain while we finish HRE, maybe a spy to look over the Incas as well. There is also a barbarian city on the island we got from France so may be we can play a little catch and release there to make it a colony/vassal. Just don't take your eyes of Spain while we do our thing in the East.

I'd like to play Saturday night if thats ok with Dave? And Dutch, do you want domination or conquest?

Thanks, got it now.

I think we should send a unit to scope out Spain while we finish HRE, maybe a spy to look over the Incas as well. There is also a barbarian city on the island we got from France so may be we can play a little catch and release there to make it a colony/vassal. Just don't take your eyes of Spain while we do our thing in the East.

I'd like to play Saturday night if thats ok with Dave? And Dutch, do you want domination or conquest?

Domination, Pacal seems to be hard to take, so domination will be faster and easier.

I think we should go hunt down those French when we've got transports and marines. Their coastal cities will simply be toast to our troops.

Seems like the game goes quite well. Sorry for not having the time playing.

Destroyed HRE but can't seem to make Gandhi mad. Maybe we should just attack Spain, looks like the best they have are longbows and war elephants, no match for cavalry,infantry, canon and airships.

Finished Fascism and Electricity. 3 more turns for Industrialism.

We have 2 generals and an artist still unused. Our next GP is 12 turns in Utretch, hopefully an engineer so we can make Creative Constructions.

Couldn't get an OB frome France so had to make a canal and sail around but we are ready to capture Aryan and turn that island into a vassal.

I've had a look at the save, I'll try to play it tomorrow if no-one minds.

I think we should focus our builds more, we don't need things like Broadway. Heck, I wouldn't even have chosen Statue of Liberty. For the same amount of hammers, we could have had another dozen troops smashing through the enemy lines by now. So I'm thinking of stopping quite a lot of civilian builds in favour of military builds. We don't need many tech anyway, we'll want Industrialism, Combustion (boats & tanks), and perhaps artillery and flight+radio, but these aren't even necessary.

We need 18% of the land, and Spain has 15, so after Spain, we should probably let our marines hit France too.

I'll mostly be building marines when we've got Industrialism, as marines are strong (24 strength), and they can attack from the sea and across rivers, which speeds up our wars. Spain has got a lot of troops though, so I'll wait a bit for reinforcements. Airships should be helping us here, by hitting these City Garrison 2 longbows. Hopefully our cannons can take down their main stacks. I'll also try to railroad back from the north to Spain to move our troops quickly. We can move most of our troops back, as there is no major threat in that area.

When I'm this far ahead I usually build all the wonders weather I need them or not, but your right troops is all we need now.

When I'm this far ahead I usually build all the wonders weather I need them or not, but your right troops is all we need now.

Did I mention you're wonder-addicted already? :lol:
Then again, I'm military addicted in most of my games.

Well that aught to get her AP votes under control. :D

Will you play the next couple of turns 1889? I'm having an exam week, so I won't have too much time on my hands.

Roger wilco.

Finished Combustion and Radio then started flight.

Elected to AP resident on the strength of our own votes. Nobody else supports us.

Started Broadway to get some happiness, along with Eiffel Tower that would be 4+ happy faces per city. WW is bad again so started jails when possible, but switching civics to Police State would cost 2 turns of anarchy.

Captured Salamanca, Valencia, Seville, Santandar, and Madrid. Spain has 7 cities left but 4 are on islands. Spanish spies have also been quite active and effective. Toledo revolted once already and many of the new captures could follow.

Got a great engineer, founding a corporation may be the best thing but at this point it won't matter.

I think we should just keep beating Spain until we've got the entire continent. BTW, you can prevent a flip by putting sufficient garrison in the city. Check the influence bar of a non-revolting city for it's current flip chance, and apply units as needed.

Next up should be France, it should be done in one lightning strike, taking all coastal cities in one turn from the sea, to prevent war weariness hitting us too hard. We might have to fight Pacal too, but that won't be a problem, he doesn't have rifles or grenadiers yet.

Better not to take any chances against those French Musketeers. ;)

If we change research we can start building Nukes in 8 turns, assuming that our engineer can rush the Manhattan Project.

You can't rush projects IIRC. And I'd prefer not nuking anyone, nuking tends to get messy, with global warming and diplomatic hits and all. And our marines, bombers and tanks should be able to take on musketmen, shouldn't they? :p

Eiffel Tower completed (thanks GE), another happiness wonder is coming along in Amsterdam. I turned up culture to 20%, it serves 2 purposes. First, it makes our WW problems less severe, second it'll help pop our borders, to claim some extra tiles.

Spains continent was captured, their 1 tile city gained in peace, and they're now a vassal with a couple of cities on far away islands. Next up is France, hit them hard with bombers/fighters/airship and transports loaded with tanks. It might also be worth it to build some settlers to fill up the NE and SW.

Captured the 3 remaining French islands in 4 turns and won a domination victory in 1872.

Here is a save for your hall of fame, just end turn twice.

Nicely done!

The Dutch will rule the earth, as they should :D

Top Bottom