Innovian Succesion Game #3

The war went pretty well, I conquered the three last Viking cities on our continent in 6 turns, and then made Ragnar our vassal. In the mean time, Gandhi also offered to be our vassal, which I accepted. I then declared war on Napoleon/Charlemagne, and I took 2 French cities so far, one Holy Roman city should follow soon. I was drafting our less important production cities (all cities without a national wonder basically) a lot, I think we should continue doing that. Another thing, city raider cannons rock, try producing quite a lot of them. The only problem right now is that our troops are a bit spread out, I think we should consolidate the French bottleneck, and attack the two southern French cities with rifles/trebs/cannons. Our cavalry should try to hurt Charlemagne.

I researched in the direction of Assembly line.

I probably made a mistake when the AP vote came up to stop war with Napolean. I voted no, but the measure passed anyway. Didn't know what would happen if "no, defy vote" was used, and didn't want to completely tank it if it resulted in Isabella declaring war.

France recaptured Rheims
We captured Varanasi
AP vote kicked in on turn 2, with peace all around. :blush:

Finished corporation & assembly line, now researching railroads.
Troops positioned to continue whacking France. Some upgrades available & starting to build infantry.

Attachments

• Willem Van Oranje AD-1720.CivBeyondSwordSave
    318.8 KB · Views: 198
I'll play tomorrow night.

Upgraded a bunch of units.
Traded coal to Spain and France for 11 gpt, neither of them can use coal yet.
Traded copper to India for fish, clam and deer!

AP vote- open borders, fails.
Great Scientist born, save for corporation.

General joins Maastritch.
Declare war on France + HRE.

Jelling revolts and joins India.
Defenders of Aachen charge out of the city to attack our stack, all die bravely.
Nearly defenseless, Aachen is captured without casualty.

Orleans bombarded.
Our fleet sunk by French caravels.

Finish Railroad, start Astro.
Capture Orleans, loose 1 canon.
HRE stack outside Aachen, including Mace great general, annihilated. Loose 1 cavalry.

Capture Rheims.
Kill HRE sword near…’s-Hertgoshenbasch!

Finish Astro, start Democracy.
Spy destroys copper mine.

WLTKD in Cimmerian.

Bombard Paris.
Slave revolt in Prague (HRE).
Great General in India.

Gandhi offers 140 gold for engineering, no.
Great General.
Capture Paris, loose cannon.

Forest fire near Amsterdam: -17 gold to replace. Other options: send emissary to comfort the victims (-6 gold, loose forest) or do nothing (1 unhappy, loose forest.)
AP vote- stop trading with Pacal.
Finish Democracy, start Scientific method.

We can switch to Emancipation if you like. It has a few people upset but mostly its tons of war weariness.

Got an East Indiaman ready to drop some troops outside Chartres, while our main assault will take Mainz next turn. Then we can take Avignon and France will be stuck on a few islands. HRE should be able to end their vassalage and peace should reign.

We can then finish off HRE or turn on Spain.

’s-Hertgoshenbasch
That's 's-Hertogenbosch thank you very much (that's the city I live near).

I'll play it tomorrow if I can. If I can't someone else has got to take it, as I'm going on holiday to London wednesday :).

Had a look at the save. Maybe it's time to build some dikes (and happiness buildings!).

I'll try to vassalize Napoleon and kill Charlemagne. I think it's best to research Scientific Method and Physics and Biology (and perhaps Communism). I'm excited to use Airships in action.

That's 's-Hertogenbosch thank you very much (that's the city I live near).

I'll play it tomorrow if I can. If I can't someone else has got to take it, as I'm going on holiday to London wednesday :).

Any chance you could provide a phonetic pronunciation of that city name?

Also I too am on vacation Tue-Sat this week. Not really vacation, we're going to town for shopping and dental appointments. Weeeee!

Any chance you could provide a phonetic pronunciation of that city name?

Wiki can

Here is a pronunciation.

By the way, the town is more commonly called Den Bosch, I have to admit that I had to use a spell checker to see if I had written it correctly :blush:

Only 3 turns? I had a hard time stopping after 12. Good game.

War Waeriness is out of control and Napolean is willing to grant peace. I say take it (although I'd take Aimes out of the offer). I'm supprised HRE didn't end its vassalage, maybe it will when the war ends.

We already have something like 48% of the population and 42% of land area.

Go ahead Dave, Dutch is off on vacation now.

Only 3 turns? I had a hard time stopping after 12. Good game.

War Waeriness is out of control and Napolean is willing to grant peace. I say take it (although I'd take Aimes out of the offer). I'm supprised HRE didn't end its vassalage, maybe it will when the war ends.

We already have something like 48% of the population and 42% of land area.

I'm back from London, it was great :)

My turnset was limited by time, not by how much I enjoyed the game. (And, of course, by the fact that my computer stinks).

Welcome back. You can finish your turn set now if you like, unless Dave is about to play.

Well, I've still got to play my set in the regular DG too

View attachment Willem Van Oranje AD-1804.CivBeyondSwordSave
I made peace with France on the 2nd turn (when Charlemagne was no longer a vassal).
I've been cutting through HRE land, they've only got a couple of cities left. We should kill them as soon as possible.

The war weariness has been okay. I've researched Physics, Biology and started Fascism (for the free general). I think we should go for electricity-industrialism-combustion next, for tanks.

I think our next target should be Gandhi, our troops are in the north, so we should be able to take him on more quickly. I'm not sure we can declare war on a vassal state though :confused: After Gandhi is done, we should have nice shiny new tanks to take out Isabella. By the way, when we made peace with France, we got a lousy island city far away :(.

The link doesn't work so please repost the save.

Gandhi volunteered to be our vassal, rather than capitulate after loosing a war, so he can end that agreement when he doesn't like it anymore. We can help him not like it by demanding all of his resources, vassals have to comply.

Top Bottom