Input Requested for PolyCast Christmas Special 2018 (DanQ's Last Recording as Regular Panelist)

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication
PolyCast is approaching the conclusion to its twelfth season, helping keep it as the longest running Civilization podcast as well as the first. On December 15th, 2018, the show's annual Christmas Special is to be recorded live as have been episode recordings this calendar year. Its panelists are need of questions to answer, comments to reflect on and topics to investigate to drive this special stream's content: Civ in nature, strategy/computer gaming in general or even PolyCast specific inquiries are all welcome... you are not limited to just one! This recording is also noteworthy as it is to be show co-founder and owner Daniel "DanQ" Quick's final appearance as its lead co-host.

To submit your questions, comments or topics for this purpose in advance, do one of the following:

a) respond accordingly to this thread;
b) send an email to thepolycast@gmail.com;
c) leave a voicemail for free by using Skype to call the show; or
d) leave a voicemail by using your telephone to call the show: (301) 637-7659 or +44 121 288 7659.

In addition, the PolyCast team will also take them live during the recording of the 2018 Christmas Special in the chat room powered by YouTube. Help the show's panelists prepare for this event by submitting your inquiries in advance. PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production in an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on game strategy.

We'll miss you Dan! You've done an incredible job for many years, both behind the scenes and on the show. Your playful comments and your (sometimes quite terrible) dad-jokes gave the show an inviting, friendly feel. All the best for your future plans! I hope we'll still hear you occasionally as a guest!

A few questions for your consideration:

- What is your favourite Civilization game, and how do you feel about how the franchise has been progressing in recent entries?

- What are your favourite games outside of Civ?

- Bonus question for Dan: Now that you're leaving the show, you can be totally honest: Who is your favourite and, more importantly, least favourite co-host?
Spoiler :
Jokes, jokes...

Feel free to use any, all or none of the above!

Questions for DanQ:

-What is your favorite civilization in the Civ series, and which Civ game's incarnation was it?

-What is your favorite mechanic in a Civ game?

-Suggestions for how Civ VII should be similar to or different from Civ VI?

-What is your favorite leader or historical fact have you discovered from playing Civ?

- Bonus question for Dan: Now that you're leaving the show, you can be totally honest: Who is your favourite and, more importantly, least favourite co-host?

Ever since that double jester game in Town of Salem and "the silverfish incident" I've always had the feeling Dan was fishing for a backstab on me. I'd say Dark Souls style but he doesn't play that. I offered him a chance to try to tag team me with Maki on his side near the start of Civ 6 but as I'm well versed in front stabbing he declined.

There's your next project Dan, Git Gud enough to beat each of the Souls games in under 3 hours. That's very generous since speedrunners can do it much faster, so it will be easy! Make sure you record it, could make quality footage.

Obvious question of high priority:

What what?

Thanks to those who have submitted questions thus far, including those directed to me specifically. :hatsoff:I feel compelled to answer one here in reply, and now:

Obvious question of high priority:

What what?
But what?

:D

How about the most memorable incident on PolyCast, good or bad, that you personally just cant forget.

Was there ever a segment idea you wanted to try that just didn't work out?

Missed the live special. Waiting for the recording. Thanks for all your hard work over the years Dan. You will be missed.

Missed the live special. Waiting for the recording.
Your wait is almost over, as the post-produced version of the recording is to be made available today.

Thanks for all your hard work over the years Dan. You will be missed.
You are welcome: it has been an honour and a privilege.

:hatsoff:

Congrats Dan on a tremendous run and for building up an institution in the Civ world. You will surely be missed.
Thank you for the kind acknowledgment and sentiment, Alex.

I also recall your being one of the show's first guests back in in its first season... time flies!

Thank you for the kind acknowledgment and sentiment, Alex.

I also recall your being one of the show's first guests back in in its first season... time flies!

I know! Sorry I couldn’t make it to your final episode. Best of luck for what comes next!

I told myself I wasn't going to cry...

Thanks for all your effort in bringing this podcast to the world, Dan.

Sorry I couldn’t make it to your final episode.
No apologies necessary -- I understand not being able to do more than one thing at once.
Best of luck for what comes next!
Thank you kindly. :)
I told myself I wasn't going to cry...
:hug:
Thanks for all your effort in bringing this podcast to the world, Dan.
You are welcome, and thank you to listeners such as yourself who engaged us to make the show interactive and that much more meaningful.
:beer:

Top Bottom