1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Installing 3.19 Patch

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Technical Support' started by civplayah, Jul 2, 2012.

1. civplayah

civplayah phantasm

When I download the 3.19 patch and open the .exe, it asks me if I want to uninstall BTS. Is there a way I can install the patch without using the .exe or maybe a way to use the .exe correctly?

2. Furiey

Furiey No Longer Just Lurking

The usual method for 3.19 and a disc based version of the game is:
    Do not use the in-game updater. Download the patch outside of the game (eg: from the downloads database here at civfanatics) and for Vista or W7 install the patch by right clicking on the patch .exe and choosing run as administrator.

3. wolfensoul9

wolfensoul9 Warlord

I am having the same issue, and have made a thread about it. I have done what the above post said, but it still is demanding I go and un-install bts...AGAIN. Why on earth is the patch installer forcing an UNinstall?

4. Furiey

Furiey No Longer Just Lurking

As answered in your thread, you need to have all digital versions (from the same source) or all disc versions. They don't mix.