Installing CIV V on two pc's and playing at same time

paeson75

Chieftain
Do I need to purchase two copy's of CIV V to play on two different PC's at the same time?

Well, I guess basically, you need 2 copies. You can use one disk to install the game on as many pc's as you want but each copy needs it's own verification code to operate.

sigh well ok, i guess i'll go back to LOTRO for now....can't afford two copies...and me and the boyfriend wanna play together...;p

know anyone hiring in portland, oregon?? : - )

Isn't there a version of multi-player where 2 people can play on once pc on the same game?

I'm thinking about buying now for download, but I'm probably going to be purchasing a new PC in a few months. Will I have to purchase a second copy? (no interest in playing on both PCs at the same time, just want to make sure my license will be ok for the new PC)

Isn't there a version of multi-player where 2 people can play on once pc on the same game?

Hot-seat. I like the way original starcraft did it, you could install a non-host client IIRC.

Isnt it interesting though to philosophize over the limits of intrustion into the private sphere/your home? Two persons could watch a movie together but not apart, unless you copy it. Two people could eat a loaf of bread but it'd be consumed faster. Immaterial property is sincerely mind-boggeling in a legal perspective if you go down to the basics and rethink the logics behind property rights applied to immaterial objects. My CiV box is delayed, I believe it's the deliverance firm. Online there are illegal copies...

Did they remove hotseat? (I'm too lazy to pop open my game). If they did, that would be really lame, as that was one legitimate way that they could allow you and your boyfriend to play together without having to buy two copies.

But besides hotseat, its pretty obvious why they can't let you have 2 online accounts. At that point, it'll just be go-pick-a-friend-and-share-one-copy, and there's no way they would (or should) allow that.

To Velikovsky - no, go ahead and buy it!

I have steam installed on 3 pc's (my laptop, my OTHER laptop, my work computer) and I can play Civ on ANY of the computers. This is why Steam (or starcraft II's bnet account) is great for anyone who owns multiple computers.

In this new system, I can play my favorite games wherever I go, without needing a cd or cd-keys. I just walk up to a computer, sign in with my account, download my game, and play!

The people who are complaining about the DRM are people who want the whole family to be able to play at the same time while only buying a single game. The problem is, there is no way to tell the difference between 3 family members or 3 friends who decided to split the cost of the game. One copy, one person playing at any one time. I think that's very fair.

In fact, Velikosky, I can save a game one computer (choose Steam as the save location), and load the game on another computer and keep playing!

Awesome, right?

Top Bottom