• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Intergrated Graphics cards

Esckey

Deity
So my new computer came with a vidcard built into the motherboard. Any idea how to switch over to a store bought one?

Put the new card into its slot. In your computer's BIOS should be an option that lets you select between on-board and PEG graphics. The PEG means PCI-e slot card. When your computer boots up load the drivers.

The manufacturer's website should have specific(for your computer) instructions for disabling on board graphics. There's really not a whole lot to it. This works for desktops though.

Actually, you dont even really need to do the BIOS step. most computers automatically use the expansion slot cards. Just make sure you get the right type of card: PCI >PCI, AGP>AGP, PCIe>PCIe ( and in some rare cases PCI > PCIx and PCIx>PCIx)

And if the card doesn'twork how would I turn the intergrated vid card back on? The user manual doesn't say anything, or maybe I skimmed it to quickly

just unplug the card that does work, and the integrated should kick in. If it doesnt, just reinstall the drivers for it and uninstall the drivers for the add-on one.

Top Bottom