- Investigating the possibility of simultaneous turns with the AI to kill loading tim

Conqueror Worm

Warlord
How is this coming along? Much like civ 3, load time on huge maps is just a huge drag. That is the primary reason I started on Rhyes of Civ in the first place, to kill load times. It is still the only thing I play. Great mod in every way. Bought a super new computer to play civ 4, but it just moves way to slow, load times and between units. Civ 3 fairly rocks now though. Hence, it is still good old Rhyes of Civ for me.

All these other great facets of the new mod aside, and great they do sound - anything to make the game more historical and real world like - what about the load time and lag between units? Will it ever be possible to speed things up a bit?

Keep up the good work.

Simultaneous Turns with the AI, or at least, precompiling AI moves during player's turn, is my idea to speed things up a bit.
Unfortunately finding what has to be changed in the SDK isn't easy in this case.

I stopped working on it because I was going nowhere. I'm now putting my efforts in other stuff (Congresses).
As soon as I finish them and other stuff with higher priority, I'll try again

Well, earlier, with build ca 0.32 or so of this mod
I had waiting times of ca. 40-50 seconds as highest.
(My machine has 1 GB RAM and a 3 Ghz Prescott processor)

As far as it can be said to be long and annoying,
it is NOT 2-3 mins as was with Civ3, even with RoC...

Of course, I wouldn't mind a nice way to reduce it to 10 seconds
with simultaneous moves...

I have noticed that in recent updates the times between turns is going up. Now it is safe to say that i have only 512RAM on a 3 year old machine, but anyway that we can reduce that the better.

Still not as bad as in Civ 3 though (no 20 minute waits)

I have noticed that if I do NOT acquire world maps, the wait is not as bad.

Top Bottom